Fife Football Forum

Scapegoats,

ya cant

Souness is a arrogant wa nker is hated by most players that played under him McCoist, Butcher and Graham Roberts ETC ETC would confirm this. Souness brings nothing but BULLING. Because a player shows fear towards Souness doesn't mean he has their respect. And if he was as good as some on here believe then why is he without a job (few years now). He has been sacked by every club he has managed, now that doesn't happen to a good manager. Back to the point. Ferguson is the country's captain he embarrassed the manager, the whole country including himself by breaking the curfew and sitting drinking in front of guests and other residents of the hotel including families. It wasn't too long ago Artur Boruc done something similar in the Polish hotel and the same people who are prepared to defend Ferguson shot down Boruc. There may have been others who were doing the same thing, but the hard fact is Ferguson is the CAPTAIN. He is the ring leader and the first thing that came to mind for me was Le Guen's words "There is a hard drinking culture at Rangers" Obvisously Rangers and Smith are sweeping this as they don't act on it. My opinion is obviously you can't sack 7 players but Ferguson should be sacked as Scotland captain thats if he doesn't do the correct thing and resign. He has to understand what is acceptable at Ibrox is not acceptable while you are representing your country.

I rest my case. Ferguson and McGregor were a embarasement to Rangers as I said previously he is captain and has to take more of the blame. Well done Smith and Rangers for taking a stance against these idiots. To think there were people on here trying to defend them.

a think youll find out that the drinking session isnt why they have been bombed out of ibrox,the reason is for the behaviour of stickin the v sign up sitting on the bench,embarrassing the name of rangers football club and our country,if it was for drinking am sure there will be a few more being bombed out,i back rangers 100% here but for me the league is over now, :whistling::whistling::whistling:

I think you might find Ferguson will be retiring from International football as well

hope so cos he is murder :whistling:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a think youll find out that the drinking session isnt why they have been bombed out of ibrox,the reason is for the behaviour of stickin the v sign up sitting on the bench,embarrassing the name of rangers football club and our country,if it was for drinking am sure there will be a few more being bombed out,i back rangers 100% here but for me the league is over now, :whistling::whistling::whistling:

I think you might find Ferguson will be retiring from International football as well

hope so cos he is murder :whistling:

aye hes murder right enough,granted not had a great season but he would play in everyones team ,didnt here yous when he captained scotland to 2 wins over france,hes made the biggest mistake of his life and hes going to pay for it ,simple as that

aye hes murder right enough,granted not had a great season but he would play in everyones team ,didnt here yous when he captained scotland to 2 wins over france,hes made the biggest mistake of his life and hes going to pay for it ,simple as that

Pete aye he's captained Scotland in the 2 games over France but in a Scotland shirt he's never performed. He's been brutal this season and had it not been for the fact he was playing for Rangers he would never have been anywhere near a Scotland squad. Better players than him now and that's including Kevin Thomson.

Pete aye he's captained Scotland in the 2 games over France but in a Scotland shirt he's never performed. He's been brutal this season and had it not been for the fact he was playing for Rangers he would never have been anywhere near a Scotland squad. Better players than him now and that's including Kevin Thomson.

well wait and see how much he is missed ,at international level and club,we struggled against iceland without him .am not saying hes been playin great but at international level its all about keeping the ball and brown and fletcher arent the answer

Remember watching Ferguson in the Toulon tournament before he made the break through at Rangers,he was head and shoulders above every other Scottish player,have followed his career with some interest ever since,imo has done very well for himself,Scotland and Rangers will miss him and when you hit your 30's the younger cants can lead you astray.

I'll defend Ferguson because he's Scottish!!

Ferguson, who was Scotland captain and has been capped 45 times, told Rangers' website: "I deeply regret what happened last weekend and the events during the last week and apologise wholeheartedly for the embarrassment caused to Scotland, Rangers, both sets of supporters and my friends and family.

"I have always considered playing for Rangers and Scotland an honour and a privilege and nothing will change that and I am bitterly disappointed by the announcement that I will not be selected for Scotland again."

McGregor, who had made his fourth international appearance in Amsterdam after deposing Sunderland's Craig Gordon, was also contrite.

"We all make mistakes in life and I am very disappointed to have let Rangers, Scotland, my family and all the fans down," he said.

"I am also desperately disappointed that I will not be selected again for Scotland at this stage in my career."

Rangers chief executive Bain said that the two players had brought the club into disrepute.

"The management of the club has taken the view that this has damaged both Rangers and Scotland and is unacceptable," he said.

Rangers lose two of their top players at a time when they are chasing Celtic in the race for the Scottish title, but manager Walter Smith said that action was needed, although the drinking session was not his main concern.

"We were unhappy about that situation, but that was something for George to act on," said Smith.

"The more disappointing aspect for us was the subsequent action on the bench on Wednesday night.

"From the club's point of view, that was not a good image to project."

RANGERS HAVE TO BE APPLAUDED FOR THERE ACTIONS ,

I'm finding it suspect that since burley took over he has retired 4 rangers player from international football,

said it on another thread but there is no repect for burley in the scotland camp........... do you think that the players would have stayed out on the pish if Alex Ferguson was the gaffer......

also this finger thing is a bit suspect i have only seen the1 - 8 second clip that keeps being played in a loop??????????????

Edited by Dogg

well wait and see how much he is missed ,at international level and club,we struggled against iceland without him .am not saying hes been playin great but at international level its all about keeping the ball and brown and fletcher arent the answer

I have spoken with boys that go to see Rangers every week. And before this scandal broke they all have said Ferguson was the weak-link in the team. They said the money they paid for him should have been more wisely spent and that they could have got a better player for that money. Although I do agree with the stance Rangers have taken I can't help thinking this has worked out perfect for Murray as he was wanting to off-load at the end of the season. This has now given him the chance to sell and save face....

Edited by Dhanny

Ferguson and McGregor have been made the scapegoats .Thinki Ferguson should be held up and punished harshly as he was captain for his national side so should have been leading by example not leading others astray.McGregor on the other hand should have been dealt with the same way as the other 5 who were on the piss until he made his wee two fingered salutes then he mibbie should have been banned for next 2 games but not for life.

McGregor and Ferguson acted like wee boys but again agree with a few posters when they say that this has benefited Murray as it has given him a perfect reason to sell two big earners and balance the books.

The blame though has to lay soley with Burley for the drinking escapades,yes the players should have had more self control but he should never have allowed players to start drinking at 4am(or anytime)with a big game 3 days away.

Souness is a arrogant wa nker is hated by most players that played under him McCoist, Butcher and Graham Roberts ETC ETC would confirm this. Souness brings nothing but BULLING. Because a player shows fear towards Souness doesn't mean he has their respect. And if he was as good as some on here believe then why is he without a job (few years now). He has been sacked by every club he has managed, now that doesn't happen to a good manager. Back to the point. Ferguson is the country's captain he embarrassed the manager, the whole country including himself by breaking the curfew and sitting drinking in front of guests and other residents of the hotel including families. It wasn't too long ago Artur Boruc done something similar in the Polish hotel and the same people who are prepared to defend Ferguson shot down Boruc. There may have been others who were doing the same thing, but the hard fact is Ferguson is the CAPTAIN. He is the ring leader and the first thing that came to mind for me was Le Guen's words "There is a hard drinking culture at Rangers" Obvisously Rangers and Smith are sweeping this as they don't act on it. My opinion is obviously you can't sack 7 players but Ferguson should be sacked as Scotland captain thats if he doesn't do the correct thing and resign. He has to understand what is acceptable at Ibrox is not acceptable while you are representing your country.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn41...6/ai_n12577251/

remember this one lads,i know fergie and mcgregor were acting like school bairns on the bench but the drink culture has always been there and it wont change,boruc actually battered mcgeady in the dressing room and celtic done fack all about it,thats the difference between dignity and no dignity,and how can the tartan army ever forget the 3 celtic players who were pulled out of a scotland squad to play in an englishmans testimonial(alan shearer means more to them than playing for scotland) i know mcmanus and maloney were pulled out but fack all was said.disgrace if you ask me,am know sticking up fer fergie and mcgregor as they embarrassed the country but the hypocrispy from the tartan army and celtic fans on here and phone ins are a disgrace.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...mp;&cc=5739

that is all

Edited by ya cant

Why has this again been turned into an old firm debate? it like being back at primary school when folk used to say"yes i did it but remember when wee hamish did this" ###### hell the fact they have been banned from playing from scotland has nothing to do with celtic or rangers its because they acted like ######.The fact that rangers have acted the way they have has to be comended but again this has nothing to do wi celtic or how celtic discipline there players.

Agree that we(scotland fans) are hypocrites we will slate players for playing bad,disliking them etc but we support them like feck when they aree doing well.Football fans have always been like that and always will be.

Ferguson has got all he has deserved not because he plays for rangers but because of his actions.McGregor has been harshly dealt with but a suppose you behave like a tit you will get treated like a tit.

Why has this again been turned into an old firm debate? it like being back at primary school when folk used to say"yes i did it but remember when wee hamish did this" ###### hell the fact they have been banned from playing from scotland has nothing to do with celtic or rangers its because they acted like ######.The fact that rangers have acted the way they have has to be comended but again this has nothing to do wi celtic or how celtic discipline there players.

Agree that we(scotland fans) are hypocrites we will slate players for playing bad,disliking them etc but we support them like feck when they aree doing well.Football fans have always been like that and always will be.

Ferguson has got all he has deserved not because he plays for rangers but because of his actions.McGregor has been harshly dealt with but a suppose you behave like a tit you will get treated like a tit.

no ones turning it into an old firm debate,when did mcfadden play for the old firm :banghead::banghead: tartan army are the biggest hypocrites,they were on here before wednesdays game saying fergie and mcgregor shouldnt play for scotland again because they had a drinking session,which involved 7 players alledgedly,one scott brown was only up the stair 20 mins before fergie,the v signs didnt happen till wednesday night in which were aimed at the press and media,as i have already stated they were made out to be scapegoats and they have acted in a childish way which will be there downfall.al still support fergie if he stays at rangers but theres cants on here who need to get a grip.

Agree that we(scotland fans) are hypocrites we will slate players for playing bad,disliking them etc but we support them like feck when they are doing well.Football fans have always been like that and always will be.

Bang on Bob son.

If theyd just acted like adults, not stuck their fingers up like a pair of twonks this episode would have been over in a few weeks. They deserve everything they get, Ferguson is a moaning faced blame everyone else fandango. Interesting that rangers were playing really well at start fo the season when he was missing...itll be interesting to see what happens now. Mcgregor is clearly just thick as shit, and I tell you hes no even that good. Alexander is every bit as good imo. McGregor isnt even on the same planet as Craig Gordon but hey The Sun and Daily Ranger say he is so...

Theyve made their beds they can lie in them. As for the other 5, theyd have got dealt with aswell but they havent acted like 5 year olds...Im doing 5 year olds a disservice theree I think.

Burley was in a sticky situation, he couldnt have sent 7 players home and risk losing the game, so tehy were benched and that woudl have been that. Buty nah Tweedle dum and tweedle dee think its ok to do what they did, immature in the extreme. Youre aswell getting hung for a sheep as a lamb, Id have had more repsect for them if theyd actually gave it the real ###### you, instead of snidely rubbing their glaiket faces with their fingers...jesus christ, kids stuff.

And as for the OF debate that its turning into, get a grip theyre 2 sides of the bigoted disease that engulfs this country, mainly the west, cashing in on hatred whilst paying lip service to eradicating it. Maybe they should just ###### off to some other league and do us all a favour...oh aye I forgot noone else would want that shite in their game or country.

Why cant we all just get along lol

Edited by bobbyjenkins