Fife Football Forum

Star Hearts Afc

POCKE7

Dugman ,Kennoway were pretty much in it for the long haul in the Kingdom. Do you think anyone connected with Kennoway is happy that Club is put on hold for a season? For years we tried to get talks going to amalgamate the FAFA and the Kingdom but nothing came of it.

We had to fold Kennoway and start up Kennoway 83 as we had nothing else to prove in the Fife league and the amalgamation was never happening. The decision to fold Kennoway and start up again was not taken lightly and the way it worked out was messy and heartbreaking for so many involved at Kennoway. The Kingdom and the Fife could not or did not have the chance to support us in our attempted appeal so we were left to put the Club in hiatus for a season.

The recent developments at Star has nothing to do with the situation at Kennoway other than Davie saw it as a possibility to try and improve his set up at Star for this season. Anything after that is pure speculation.

All I can say I and many others will be glad to go along and support the Star this season as there will be a lot of people who would have been left kicking their heels on a Saturday after a long involvement in the Amateur game came to an end last week.

Familiar faces and good banter,what most people take out of their Saturday following Amateur football.

That is what matters to a lot of people in this area and that should not be lost in all of this.

couple of things maybe have to be clarified,

did kennoway appeal and if so has the appeal been heard and a decision made ?

If they have appealed and it has still to be heard, then have the players registrations been placed on hold in the meantime ?

We were told we had no right to appeal. End of the matter. Game over...finito .

If they have appealed and it has still to be heard, then have the players registrations been placed on hold in the meantime ?

Kennoway tried to appeal 3 times and kept on getting letters back from the safa,that they don't have a right to appeal because they were not a member club.Players will be released on monday morning. Edited by buzz-bee

Kennoway tried to appeal 3 times and kept on getting letters back from the safa,that they don't have a right to appeal because they were not a member club.Players will released on monday morning.

Dugman ,Kennoway were pretty much in it for the long haul in the Kingdom. Do you think anyone connected with Kennoway is happy that Club is put on hold for a season? For years we tried to get talks going to amalgamate the FAFA and the Kingdom but nothing came of it.

We had to fold Kennoway and start up Kennoway 83 as we had nothing else to prove in the Fife league and the amalgamation was never happening. The decision to fold Kennoway and start up again was not taken lightly and the way it worked out was messy and heartbreaking for so many involved at Kennoway. The Kingdom and the Fife could not or did not have the chance to support us in our attempted appeal so we were left to put the Club in hiatus for a season.

The recent developments at Star has nothing to do with the situation at Kennoway other than Davie saw it as a possibility to try and improve his set up at Star for this season. Anything after that is pure speculation.

All I can say I and many others will be glad to go along and support the Star this season as there will be a lot of people who would have been left kicking their heels on a Saturday after a long involvement in the Amateur game came to an end last week.

Familiar faces and good banter,what most people take out of their Saturday following Amateur football.

That is what matters to a lot of people in this area and that should not be lost in all of this.

Mate, i value my contacts and I would never compromise one by betraying intimate details of a private discussion. Suffice to say that the bit i have put in bold in the diametric opposite of what has been conveyed to me by a gent in the know. I am not shit-stirring (i'm usually up front if I am for a bit of banter) and would dearly love KTID/Star/whatever the name of the club to remain in the Kingdom League for many years to come. :cheers:

In addition, i keep seeing/hearing snippets about the 2 leagues speaking to each other re amalgamation and that it's gonna happen, bla, bla bla. Yet I have seen or heard nothing concete whatsoever from any member of the exec of either association. Until I do hear/see this I will treat it with a fair bit of disdain if not contempt. :worried:

Mate, i value my contacts and I would never compromise one by betraying intimate details of a private discussion. Suffice to say that the bit i have put in bold in the diametric opposite of what has been conveyed to me by a gent in the know. I am not shit-stirring (i'm usually up front if I am for a bit of banter) and would dearly love KTID/Star/whatever the name of the club to remain in the Kingdom League for many years to come. :cheers:

In addition, i keep seeing/hearing snippets about the 2 leagues speaking to each other re amalgamation and that it's gonna happen, bla, bla bla. Yet I have seen or heard nothing concete whatsoever from any member of the exec of either association. Until I do hear/see this I will treat it with a fair bit of disdain if not contempt. :worried:

I heard that mav had organised the meeting by asking D Leitch to approach Anton yesterday and a meeting went ahead. The outcome we all know but surely discussing whats gona happen next season took place! And what I'm hearing they will merge and apply fpr junior

this is football. there is no loyalty in the game and this must be remembered not in this situation but as a whole. decisions are made by people on the notion of how they will benefit.

the people at loss are the players who shall be clubless soon, but managers come and go like players and maybe some players will be happier playing at a lesser level being able to compete.

rhiney said the burden of the club was getting too much for his auld man and this opportunity arose so he took it.

there is a thin line though between principles and integrity in this situation. all teams have ups and downs, the worst thing in sport is a bad winner not a bad loser. anything star win this season might not be respected as 'star' but credit giving to kennoway. many of u get too wrapped up in winning n losing. sport is all abt being 'sporting' and gaining the respect of opponents. i read the forum and there is a severe lack of sportsmanship. people too keen on quick successand mocking others. people r bitter and negative.

imo star shld have built the team up gradually to try and compete. this quick fix will end in tears. teams like the ylum last year won a few cups and had there best league finish due to years of hard work building a team season after season.

there is no right or wrong here. as i said sometimes craving success might end up u losing wat u fell in luv with the sport for.