Fife Football Forum

Burley Compo - Sky Sports Todat

bell_boy

Just been watchin sky sports news and it says that the SFA are in discussions with Burley over a compensation package

I just wanted to know everyones thoughts on this as surely when he was appointed, him and Gordon Smith went through an agreed set of objectives (world cup playoff minimum for example) as you do in any job. Burley would have been well aware of what his responsibilities were as head coach and i personally feel that compensation for failure is laughable. I know he had a contract until 2012 but his remit was to get us to world cup and he didnt so he has to go and imo shouldnt receive any compensation. If in everyday working life you arent doing your job to the expected level you are sacked, unless made redundan so i dont see any difference with this idiot!

The thing is now, by paying compo to Burley we are harming our chances of bringing in the top candidate who according to SSN is Levein as we would have to agree a package with Dundee United in order to secure his services. The managers currently out of work dont appeal to me (Calderwood, Collins etc) but by paying compensation to arguably our most incompetent manager to date seriously harms us.

What do we all think about this?

cheers lads

Just been watchin sky sports news and it says that the SFA are in discussions with Burley over a compensation package

I just wanted to know everyones thoughts on this as surely when he was appointed, him and Gordon Smith went through an agreed set of objectives (world cup playoff minimum for example) as you do in any job. Burley would have been well aware of what his responsibilities were as head coach and i personally feel that compensation for failure is laughable. I know he had a contract until 2012 but his remit was to get us to world cup and he didnt so he has to go and imo shouldnt receive any compensation. If in everyday working life you arent doing your job to the expected level you are sacked, unless made redundan so i dont see any difference with this idiot!

The thing is now, by paying compo to Burley we are harming our chances of bringing in the top candidate who according to SSN is Levein as we would have to agree a package with Dundee United in order to secure his services. The managers currently out of work dont appeal to me (Calderwood, Collins etc) but by paying compensation to arguably our most incompetent manager to date seriously harms us.

cheers lads

its the SFA's fault for extending his contract. The guy failed but he has a contract so is entitled to the money!

cheers lads

its the SFA's fault for extending his contract. The guy failed but he has a contract so is entitled to the money!

correct i may be wrong but did they not have a clause in his contract tht they could have binned him at the end of the campaign if unsuccessful but the fat cats behind the scene stuck by him contracted him till 2012 then decide after 2 pish results later they got it wrong thus havin 2 pay out compo! jst highlights everything tht is wrong with the sfa no wonder thers no money for grassroots football ect in this country :rollsmile: