Fife Football Forum

Who Is Heading North From Fife ?

It's a fife football forum, were on here to talk about fife teams are we not?????? Clubs have to promise players big wages so that they can attract themto their club, that's the point I'm trying to make, to compete you have to pay big wages, and if your not getting punters through the gates how can you pay big wages??? I can bet that attendances would increase if a fife league was put in place!!! Teams still have the Scottish, EOS cup and the fife and lothians on which they could play against other teams from different regions. I bet the majority of fife clubs playing in the lower tier of the junior leagues will struggle to make ends meet with the outlay they are going to have to make for travelling to play games.

Do Fife club operate differently from everyone else? I have provided examples of small clubs who cope perfectly well with longer travelling distances, Fife clubs will be no different. As for wages, don't pay big wages then! invest instead in facilities and places where people want to come and watch fitba and not knee deep in mud, that will get a few people back through the turnstiles.

A Fife League would turn back the clock and frankly destroy competition

It's ok for your team mate yous get handouts from the Scottish, #loadsamoney

The previous poster referring to handouts in the EOS, kind of made me wonder if Star Hearts are on the upward move, why did they not apply to follow the Burntisland path ?

Very quick route to the "proposed" lowland league if you have those sort of aspirations.

Edited by superbigal

It's a fife football forum, were on here to talk about fife teams are we not?????? Clubs have to promise players big wages so that they can attract themto their club, that's the point I'm trying to make, to compete you have to pay big wages, and if your not getting punters through the gates how can you pay big wages??? I can bet that attendances would increase if a fife league was put in place!!! Teams still have the Scottish, EOS cup and the fife and lothians on which they could play against other teams from different regions. I bet the majority of fife clubs playing in the lower tier of the junior leagues will struggle to make ends meet with the outlay they are going to have to make for travelling to play games.

Do Fife club operate differently from everyone else? I have provided examples of small clubs who cope perfectly well with longer travelling distances, Fife clubs will be no different. As for wages, don't pay big wages then! invest instead in facilities and places where people want to come and watch fitba and not knee deep in mud, that will get a few people back through the turnstiles.

How can they invest in making facilities better, if they can't get punters to come and watch, and having to fork out over £200 quid every second week for a bus to just get them to games??? I think a fife league would benefit the players that are coming through just now, a lot of players who work a Saturday won't be able to make every game due to travelling, this will turn players away from the junior game.

How can they invest in making facilities better, if they can't get punters to come and watch, and having to fork out over £200 quid every second week for a bus to just get them to games??? I think a fife league would benefit the players that are coming through just now, a lot of players who work a Saturday won't be able to make every game due to travelling, this will turn players away from the junior game.

I couldnt agree with maestro more! Fife league definetely the way forward, teams like crossgates, lochgelly, lochore and thornton surely cant afford to spend hundreds of pounds every 2nd week just on travelling, never mind all the other expenses! No fans are going to travel miles and miles to watch the so-called lower teams, most of them are auld boys who just want a bevvy with a bit old school football in the background. Even Dundonald, probably the biggest set of supporters in the central league but they have an average age of about 65, they boys arent going to travel up north every 2nd week. #FifeFootball?

I think you're making stuff up to be honest, how many clubs (who allegedly cant afford it) hire buses anyway? also, for most clubs, nearly all away games will be within a hours drive, hardly the ends of the earth and how do the likes of Steelend or Thornton get to Luncarty or Bankfoot just now?????).

You have yet to explain how this new improved system will "turn punters away"? try and substantiate your claims. If people want to watch Junior fitba then they will watch it regardless of opposition, and travelling fans can be counted on the fingers of one hand normally anyway.

As for players working Saturday, does that mean currently they cannot make away games in winter due to early kick-offs? you're argument is full of holes.

Edited by non-sequitur

I couldnt agree with maestro more! Fife league definetely the way forward, teams like crossgates, lochgelly, lochore and thornton surely cant afford to spend hundreds of pounds every 2nd week just on travelling, never mind all the other expenses! No fans are going to travel miles and miles to watch the so-called lower teams, most of them are auld boys who just want a bevvy with a bit old school football in the background. Even Dundonald, probably the biggest set of supporters in the central league but they have an average age of about 65, they boys arent going to travel up north every 2nd week. #FifeFootball?

Explain therefore why some of these clubs listed were fully behind the change? could it be that they could see beyond the backward parochial nature of Fife Junior fitba?

My team disnae play in the Juniors, work that one out Einstein!

My team disnae play in the Juniors, work that one out Einstein!

Aye yer right, but you do pay players, ;)

Edited by simplythebest

I think you're making stuff up to be honest, how many clubs (who allegedly cant afford it) hire buses anyway? also, for most clubs, nearly all away games will be within a hours drive, hardly the ends of the earth and how do the likes of Steelend or Thornton get to Luncarty or Bankfoot just now?????).

You have yet to explain how this new improved system will "turn punters away"? try and substantiate your claims. If people want to watch Junior fitba then they will watch it regardless of opposition, and travelling fans can be counted on the fingers of one hand normally anyway.

As for players working Saturday, does that mean currently they cannot make away games in winter due to early kick-offs? you're argument is full of holes.

Punters won't travel to watch a game of junior football if they have to go up to the likes of Brechin, Forfar etc!!! They also won't want to watch the teams from the Dundee area, where as if the team they supported were playing say a local derby, the average fan would turn up. Guys who work a Saturday will find it hard if their team was playing up at Forfar for instance, the team bus would be leaving around 11 o clock, where if they were travelling just in Fife probably the furthest they would go would be St Andrews or Newburgh, and if they stayed in Dunfermline, this would take them about an hour or so, and the winter games kick off only half an hour early, so the player could still work up until 12 and make it on time for the game!!! To be playing Bankfoot, Luncarty, they only have to make that trip once a season to both, not every second week!!! And if teams don't hire buses they will have to pay travelling expenses, which would work out more expensive than hiring a bus, give or take a few pounds!!!

Punters won't travel to watch a game of junior football if they have to go up to the likes of Brechin, Forfar etc!!! They also won't want to watch the teams from the Dundee area, where as if the team they supported were playing say a local derby, the average fan would turn up. Guys who work a Saturday will find it hard if their team was playing up at Forfar for instance, the team bus would be leaving around 11 o clock, where if they were travelling just in Fife probably the furthest they would go would be St Andrews or Newburgh, and if they stayed in Dunfermline, this would take them about an hour or so, and the winter games kick off only half an hour early, so the player could still work up until 12 and make it on time for the game!!! To be playing Bankfoot, Luncarty, they only have to make that trip once a season to both, not every second week!!! And if teams don't hire buses they will have to pay travelling expenses, which would work out more expensive than hiring a bus, give or take a few pounds!!!

Nobody is going to be travelling great distances every single week in the new North or South leagues, you keep saying that but its not the case (unless Star Hearts and someone else go North). Also, not every club bothers hiring a bus and players share cars in order to leave a bit later and cut costs. That is the reality now. The fact is, players play for clubs all over the place these days, as an example there is a guy playing for Fauldhouse who lives in Perth.

Let's try and deal in facts and not make stuff up to suit your argument.

You still haven't answered why most clubs voted in favour of this, are they all wrong and you are right? I believe well over 40 voted in favour, inc many clubs such as Lochgelly. Maybe you should ask some of those guys why they voted the way they did.

I don't know why they voted for it, and I'm not saying I'm right, all I'm saying it makes sense, especially in today's current financial climate, for clubs to try and get people to watch them. A lot of people don't go and watch senior football now because of the costs, and IMO I'm saying it would make sense for the Fife league to be considered as a way of trying to attract people back to watch the junior game. Maybe a few years down the road I might be proved right, or I could be totally wrong and the leagues will prove to be a success, only time will tell!!

Maybe they did vote in favour ya helmet but we are just expressing our opinion! Me personally a would prefer a fife league but it doesny look like its gawny happen so we just get on with it, a certainly wont be travelling out of fife no matter whos playing or whats at stake! If you want to spend more money travelling to brechin, forfar etc every other week then you dad on, its coconuts like you that will ruin fife football!!

I don't know why they voted for it, and I'm not saying I'm right, all I'm saying it makes sense, especially in today's current financial climate, for clubs to try and get people to watch them. A lot of people don't go and watch senior football now because of the costs, and IMO I'm saying it would make sense for the Fife league to be considered as a way of trying to attract people back to watch the junior game. Maybe a few years down the road I might be proved right, or I could be totally wrong and the leagues will prove to be a success, only time will tell!!

That's what clubs are trying to do, improve the product, dump the meaningless League Cup games and instead have more meaningful league games with more variety of opposition.

Turning back the clock doesn't work.

Maybe they did vote in favour ya helmet but we are just expressing our opinion! Me personally a would prefer a fife league but it doesny look like its gawny happen so we just get on with it, a certainly wont be travelling out of fife no matter whos playing or whats at stake! If you want to spend more money travelling to brechin, forfar etc every other week then you dad on, its coconuts like you that will ruin fife football!!

Thankfully "coconuts" like you are nowhere near making the decisions.