Fife Football Forum

Steelend Vics

James

Good point, but is a player going to be willing to be out of pocket, as a club will surely have a limit to the amount of expenses they can give out!!!! And say you have a squad of 25 payers all claiming say £25, over the two weeks it would cost more to pay expenses than to hire out a bus for the 2 games!!!!!

Good point, but is a player going to be willing to be out of pocket, as a club will surely have a limit to the amount of expenses they can give out!!!! And say you have a squad of 25 payers all claiming say £25, over the two weeks it would cost more to pay expenses than to hire out a bus for the 2 games!!!!!

Five cars , four players in each car, no team has a squad of 25 at every game.

As gogsy says, you need to put apply some sort of car pooling as it'd be both crazy and stupid to have, for example, 20 separate cars (17 players and 3 coaching staff, for example). That's exactly what we do at Lochgelly, the players all take their turn (if they wish) at doing the drive but they fill their cars where possible to minimise/share costs etc. Likewise, we do that for the Committee too.

Works out a lot cheaper and cost-effective than hiring a coach for every away game outside Fife or to have so many individual cars going. And the Committee boys/players that don't drive... well, they have to walk to every 4th away game! ;)

Edited by ITFC Jez

Why spend £1000 over two weeks on buses? Get the players to take their cars and pay them petrol expenses. Its bound to be cheaper.

What if you had 4 games that consisted of going to Arbroath, Brechin, Forfar and couper angus all in the space of say 5 or 6 weeks? That's a lot of miles put onto your car mate. Also the more miles you do in a car the more vulnerable they are to damage, burst tyres, tracking, bumps, scrapes. All of which don't cost a lot to fix but I don't think clubs are going to pay for stuff like that! It all adds up! Got to look at it from all angles. Aw and one more thing, what if only 2 boys in the team actually drive?

Why spend £1000 over two weeks on buses? Get the players to take their cars and pay them petrol expenses. Its bound to be cheaper.

What if you had 4 games that consisted of going to Arbroath, Brechin, Forfar and couper angus all in the space of say 5 or 6 weeks? That's a lot of miles put onto your car mate. Also the more miles you do in a car the more vulnerable they are to damage, burst tyres, tracking, bumps, scrapes. All of which don't cost a lot to fix but I don't think clubs are going to pay for stuff like that! It all adds up! Got to look at it from all angles. Aw and one more thing, what if only 2 boys in the team actually drive?

Why should the clubs be responsible for bumps, wear & tear etc. The cars are the responsibility of the owner, not the club. They are just as liable to bumps being left on the road. Do they want to not use their cars to keep them 'pristine'?

If your work pay you for fuel for using your car in your job, does that mean they are liable for wear & tear etc too? I think my employer would tell me to jump if I asked for that!

Players need to be realistic here, they've signed for a club which will play away games. It would not be reasonable to expect a club to fund coaches to games and they'd need to work together with their team-mates for joint transportation.

Am no saying they should pay for wear and tear ya numpty. All I'm saying is cars are more likely to get things like that the more miles they do. How should players not expect to get a bus to places 50, 60, 70 miles away? Especially every couple of weeks! More importantly would you do all they miles in your own car all the time? Sure as hell know I wouldn't!!!

The standard of player has dropped around 1-2 levels from around 2000. This is throughout Scottish football .

As an example and no disrespect to any players at there current clubs as i know its hard to compare different decades but Kelty and Hob are and have been the 2 dominant Fife junior sides for 20 odd year but how many of there current squads would of been regulars 10-15 years ago?.

I agree what Bibby is saying. But I took in the HOB v Armadale Fife and Lothian game as it was two super league teams playing, and was surprized how young the HOB team was. They played some very good football and the pace of some of their players was frightening. I am not saying they will win anything with so many young players in their team, but some of their supporters were saying that is 8 games in a row undefeated and their 2 cup ties were against super league teams.

Regional leagues below the Super League is the only answer with all three winners gaining promotion and the bottom three being relegated.

A play-off between the three runners-up and the fourth bottom club would also keep more teams involved up until the last week of fixtures.

Nice holiday helmet!!