Fife Football Forum

Games off thursday

ya cant

Heard 2games off on thursday 

am soccer v auchtermuchty

fossaway v cupar 

i asked why these games were off and answer i got was cause of players on international duty ...... bowhill are playing on thursday v bayside...... a thought the international was at weekend when bowhill and cupar dont have a fixture but mysteriously am soccer v auchtermuchty is on saturday ..... are certain teams been giving prefferential treatment here or am i being stupid ....... hopefully someone can come on and explain why this is happening when other teams dont get told nothing..... there are teams only played 13 games in the league and not playing midweek but teams that have played 19 games being forced to play 6 games in 14 days ..... something not right here and needs addressed 

Looks like to me the last time a brought up about fixture secretary changing fixtures to suit certain teams agenda the excuse was that he had two teams at home sharing facilities....... we all know that was alot of rubbish it was cause certain teams were playing each other back to back and they kicked up a stink and got there fixtures changed that they wanted to play to suit them .... now fixtures being casted again are being changed to suit certain teams agenda ..... 

say give it a rest all you want liggy but you know am right and all teams want is a level playing field ....... 

16 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Pete give it a rest min ,like a broken auld record 

Why no explain how its happening rather than have a dig at me ..... your on committee so surely you can answer why these fixtures have been postponed ..... if no reason is giving then your open to abuse imo

Am sure it's Saturday amateur we play. And midweek games were to help if season was struggling to finish at end of May..  instead FORCED to play 6 games in 14 days and 1 away up cupar on a tues night for 630ko and playing a team twice in 3 days .. yip we know were punished for speaking the truth

20 minutes ago, grafter said:

Dysart have 4 games in 9 days they are St.Monans then Burntisland then St.Monans then of course Burntisland again....you couldn't make it up.

Tell the league you have an invite to a wedding on thursday and youll get the night off 

couldnae make it up pal 

6 hours ago, ya cant said:

Looks like to me the last time a brought up about fixture secretary changing fixtures to suit certain teams agenda the excuse was that he had two teams at home sharing facilities....... we all know that was alot of rubbish it was cause certain teams were playing each other back to back and they kicked up a stink and got there fixtures changed that they wanted to play to suit them .... now fixtures being casted again are being changed to suit certain teams agenda ..... 

say give it a rest all you want liggy but you know am right and all teams want is a level playing field ....... 

Rain/snow keeps up we won’t have a game tomorrow either .

pitch is already cut up after Saturday. 

Edited by serg

The decision to have two games postponed on the Thursday was an executive committee decision and not the decision of the Match Secretary.

Perhaps the whole committee are biased towards certain teams and completely against teams with an L in their name.

This Letterism should not be stood for and I suggest an EGM to have the committee replaced with computers.

7 minutes ago, Berti said:

The decision to have two games postponed on the Thursday was an executive committee decision and not the decision of the Match Secretary.

Perhaps the whole committee are biased towards certain teams and completely against teams with an L in their name.

This Letterism should not be stood for and I suggest an EGM to have the committee replaced with computers.

rules are you need a months notice to get free weeks .... now they are saying you dont so going to be a few situations arriving where teams will wont a free week without a months notice and the precedence has been set .... sure if unforeseen circumstances arrive then you canlook at it... but this is not the case 

4 hours ago, ya cant said:

Heard 2games off on thursday 

am soccer v auchtermuchty

fossaway v cupar 

i asked why these games were off and answer i got was cause of players on international duty ...... bowhill are playing on thursday v bayside...... a thought the international was at weekend when bowhill and cupar dont have a fixture but mysteriously am soccer v auchtermuchty is on saturday ..... are certain teams been giving prefferential treatment here or am i being stupid ....... hopefully someone can come on and explain why this is happening when other teams dont get told nothing..... there are teams only played 13 games in the league and not playing midweek but teams that have played 19 games being forced to play 6 games in 14 days ..... something not right here and needs addressed 

Pedro our games on Thursday are Sat are off because one of our players is on international duty, reason for Thursday is because they dont want players picking up an injury 2 days before the game and too keep them fresh for the Scotland game. Our last 6 or 7 league games have all been away from home and i havent moaned, we play next Tuesday against Bowhill and Thursday against Leven and i havent moaned. Also we have a 13 league games left and still in the Fife and League cup so with us not playing this Thursday and Sat then whos it working against? Certainly in our favour with not having to play without my best CB but then against us with more midweek games.