Fife Football Forum

Leagues

ya cant

Wee question

why are teams not wanting to go up a league ? 

Teams talking about folding then starting back under another name and joining the bottom league ? 

surely everybodys aim is to play against the best teams ? 

Cant get my head round what teams are actually saying and threatening to fold cause they are going to a league above 

mental 

52 minutes ago, Berti said:

The proposed set up will see more teams fold

Hows that 

whats the problem ? Do you want the top 4 in premier league just to play each other 6 times ? 

Farcical what was being said

Teams are wanting to get promotion through performance and merit not to just make up numbers 

Every year its stated 'we need to watch the top teams as they''ll probably play more games,,,,more successful' yet they give them 14 teams

maybe we need to do more for the lower teams

Edited by Mariner

So if you come 2nd in the league you would be happy to go up but because you come third you dont want to go up ? 

Really ? 

Only two seasons ago you went into the top league from promotion from amalgamationin which you jumped 2 leagues .... why didnt you say then that you didnt want to go into a league ? 

A just cant get ma head round why you dont want to put yourself out to play the best .... surely thats what playing football is all about 

5 minutes ago, BojanK said:

Proposed 8 teams promoted from the 1st division to the championship?

Seems a bit ridiculous does it not?

Whats the alternative like ?

5 new teams in league 1 ..... you want 15 teams in bottom league ? And 6 teams in championship ? 

Really 

Nah just feel 8 is making a mockery of the leagues last season.

Whats wrong with 12 12 11

Why are so many teams needing promoted to the Premiership? Teams fold when theyr're getting spanked 8-0 every week so promoting teams not ready is unhealthy.

Edited by BojanK

58 minutes ago, BojanK said:

Nah just feel 8 is making a mockery of the leagues last season.

Whats wrong with 12 12 11

Why are so many teams needing promoted to the Premiership? Teams fold when theyr're getting spanked 8-0 every week so promoting teams not ready is unhealthy.

I must have different ideas about football than you mate but yer entitled to your opinion 

the leagues amalgamated two seasons ago and it was voted on by all the teams to have a top league of 14 teams 

it was voted on again at tuesdays meeting and the majority voted 14 .. 12..11

thats called democracy .... because you dont like it doesnt mean you throw the toys oot the pram and demand a re vote .... 

teams threatenin to fold if they are getting put in a higher league is a disgrace imo as the clubs have voted and that should be that 

I voted 12 12 11 on Tuesday. But was out voted so have to accept what the majority wanted 14 11 10. 

Two things that cause the problem for me is

1. Championship teams playing each other twice means 20 games in the league season. As stated at the meeting, first 3 weeks will have 6 games (Saturday Tuesday etc). Meaning over a quarter of the league is done in 3 weeks. Mild winter and a rubbish cup run pre-season would start in February, march time for some teams.

Would rather see teams play each other 3 times this would extend the season a couple of months longer.

2. With Leslie folding this means a 9 team bottom league with 5 new teams outnumbering the 4 existing clubs, must seem a farcical set-up to them.

possible solution if we are sticking with a 14 team premier, is championship and 1st Division both have 10 teams playing each other 3 times.

This is all thrown up in the air again if what was being said about valleyfield at the meeting comes to fruition and they fold. 

3 minutes ago, kinch said:

I voted 12 12 11 on Tuesday. But was out voted so have to accept what the majority wanted 14 11 10. 

Two things that cause the problem for me is

1. Championship teams playing each other twice means 20 games in the league season. As stated at the meeting, first 3 weeks will have 6 games (Saturday Tuesday etc). Meaning over a quarter of the league is done in 3 weeks. Mild winter and a rubbish cup run pre-season would start in February, march time for some teams.

Would rather see teams play each other 3 times this would extend the season a couple of months longer.

2. With Leslie folding this means a 9 team bottom league with 5 new teams outnumbering the 4 existing clubs, must seem a farcical set-up to them.

possible solution if we are sticking with a 14 team premier, is championship and 1st Division both have 10 teams playing each other 3 times.

This is all thrown up in the air again if what was being said about valleyfield at the meeting comes to fruition and they fold. 

I agree with your assumption on playing 3 times and i think thats what will happen at emergency meeting