Fife Football Forum

National Anthems

ya cant

Guest Sanchez
British national anthem, scottish football team !!!!!! Not British Football Association!

So! Scotland Football Team - Flower of Scotland?
England Football Team - God Save The Queen

England - Auld Enemy ie Scotland hate England and all that pash, so at a Scotland International game playing the anthem of your closest enemy is maybe gonna get a few boos??

If the scenario was Rangers v Celtic at Ibrox and before the game the Celtic players stood in a line and they played say " Hail Hail" or "yNWA" would the Rangers fans respect it?

Or

At Man U Vs Liverpool and the Liverpool team stood in a line and they played "YNWA" would the Man U fans respect it?

Ya Cant always has to be bring every post on these boards to a topic regarding the old firm! There is way more important issues than you narrow minded biggoted issues!

I don't know for sure but I think that there are more fans outside the old firm that go to support Scotland away and at home. I for one cannot afford to go travelling with the tartan army and Celtic abroad. So I dont think you can blame any side of the old firm for booing at these games! There is more teams in the country than the two in Glasgow!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

British national anthem, scottish football team !!!!!! Not British Football Association!

England - Auld Enemy ie Scotland hate England and all that pash, so at a Scotland International game playing the anthem of your closest enemy is maybe gonna get a few boos??

If the scenario was Rangers v Celtic at Ibrox and before the game the Celtic players stood in a line and they played say " Hail Hail" or "yNWA" would the Rangers fans respect it?

Or

At Man U Vs Liverpool and the Liverpool team stood in a line and they played "YNWA" would the Man U fans respect it?

Ya Cant always has to be bring every post on these boards to a topic regarding the old firm! There is way more important issues than you narrow minded biggoted issues!

I don't know for sure but I think that there are more fans outside the old firm that go to support Scotland away and at home. I for one cannot afford to go travelling with the tartan army and Celtic abroad. So I dont think you can blame any side of the old firm for booing at these games! There is more teams in the country than the two in Glasgow!

Or

Or

agreed,the majority of the tartan army are from outwith the old firm,but i am happy to say the vast majority of old firm fans that follow scotland leave all their bile at home.

Or

agreed,the majority of the tartan army are from outwith the old firm,but i am happy to say the vast majority of old firm fans that follow scotland leave all their bile at home.

Can somone please tell me what Ya Cant has done different from everyone else apart from give his opinion ?????

FFS grow up every fan will boo anything to do with a rival club or country unfortunately we are full of people who want to have the high moral ground when it gets brought up in this country !!!!! WE ARE ALL GUILTY OFF THIS ????????????

• 2 weeks later...
GSTQ is a british song so why were northern ireland singing it as they werent playing under the GB banner they were playing under the northern ireland banner so they should have sang an irish anthem.You can guarantee that if it was an irish song a vast majority wouldnt have booed although there is some bigots who follow scotland who couldnt help themselves.Every country in world football boo their opponents anthem its football and we should accept it and i have been to wembley for scotland games and they booed our anthem to bits beleive even brats young as 2. :rollsmile: <_<

GSTQ is a british song so why were northern ireland singing it as they werent playing under the GB banner they were playing under the northern ireland banner so they should have sang an irish anthem.You can guarantee that if it was an irish song a vast majority wouldnt have booed although there is some bigots who follow scotland who couldnt help themselves.Every country in world football boo their opponents anthem its football and we should accept it and i have been to wembley for scotland games and they booed our anthem to bits beleive even brats young as 2. :whistling::cheers:

Northern Ireland is part of Great Britain mate (most of them proud of that fact as well) :ph34r:

as is scotland bruv, unfortunatly not everyone in this country is proud to be brittish

• 10 months later...
Any Scotland fan that booed GSTQ last night is a disgrace to this country and should be ashamed of themselves. It is NI official national anthem and they are proud to sing it, who gives anyone from Scotland the right to boo it?

The Tartan army sit on their sanctimonious high horse mouthing off about bigotry in Scotland when their hatred for all things English is as vile and racist as any old firm divide.

why did we boo the lithuanian nationtal anthem ,was it cause of mad vlad at hearts :rolleyes::rolleyes:

correct me if am wrong

the scotland fans didnt actually boo the lithuanian anthem,what happened was there was alot of singing etc and the anthem couldnt be heard playing until it was too late

spare me yer pish bert

The national anthem was booed last night due to anti-English racism, which is hardly discouraged by the SNP governement and the media, especially BBC Scotland. The fact the above posts are even allowed illustrates that.

Whether you agree with it or not, GSTQ is the tune the visitors have chosen to have as their national anthem. Therefore booing it cannot be justified for any political reasons, it should be respected. Also, it is good enough for triple Olympic gold-medallist Chris Hoy, but not for the knuckle-draggers in the tartan army, it seems. GSTQ was respected when the English rugby team visited roke Park, despite the history of that venue, but seemingly the TA haven't attained a level of maturity to respect visitors' national anthems, simply because it shows not everybody hates the English as much as they do.

This also happened with the Lithuanian national anthem last year. What was the political motive for that? Thre are as many neanderthal bigots in the tartan army as any other group of supporters. The only difference, however, is that anti-English racism is treated as one big joke by the Scottish media, but it isn't a joke for any English people residing in Scotland. Anti-English racism is more common than any other form of discrimination in this country, but the media and government ignore it for political reasons. Will Alex Salmond be condemning this disrespectful racism, as he did with the equally repugnant acts of some Rangers supporters in Manchester?

the tartan army are giving Scotland, once known for being the greatest fans in the world, a bad reputation as being nothing more than a lowly group of neds and filth.

were you at the lithuanian game ya cant?no you obviously were not,well i was there and i can assure you that after the Scotland national anthem i thought it strange that they didnt play the lithuanian one,turns out they already had but nobody heard it as the scottish fans were having a good sing song at the time,as for the booing last night - i must admit if i was there i wouldve bood the song too, i hate the song ,its not an anti-anything hate its just a personal thing,much like i hate techno music ,

pinnochiooo bertdunf found out again :rollsmile::rollsmile::rollsmile:

Any Scotland fan that booed GSTQ last night is a disgrace to this country and should be ashamed of themselves. It is NI official national anthem and they are proud to sing it, who gives anyone from Scotland the right to boo it?

The Tartan army sit on their sanctimonious high horse mouthing off about bigotry in Scotland when their hatred for all things English is as vile and racist as any old firm divide.

why did we boo the lithuanian nationtal anthem ,was it cause of mad vlad at hearts :rolleyes::rolleyes:

correct me if am wrong[

the scotland fans didnt actually boo the lithuanian anthem,what happened was there was alot of singing etc and the anthem couldnt be heard playing until it was too late

spare me yer pish bert

The national anthem was booed last night due to anti-English racism, which is hardly discouraged by the SNP governement and the media, especially BBC Scotland. The fact the above posts are even allowed illustrates that.

Whether you agree with it or not, GSTQ is the tune the visitors have chosen to have as their national anthem. Therefore booing it cannot be justified for any political reasons, it should be respected. Also, it is good enough for triple Olympic gold-medallist Chris Hoy, but not for the knuckle-draggers in the tartan army, it seems. GSTQ was respected when the English rugby team visited roke Park, despite the history of that venue, but seemingly the TA haven't attained a level of maturity to respect visitors' national anthems, simply because it shows not everybody hates the English as much as they do.

This also happened with the Lithuanian national anthem last year. What was the political motive for that? Thre are as many neanderthal bigots in the tartan army as any other group of supporters. The only difference, however, is that anti-English racism is treated as one big joke by the Scottish media, but it isn't a joke for any English people residing in Scotland. Anti-English racism is more common than any other form of discrimination in this country, but the media and government ignore it for political reasons. Will Alex Salmond be condemning this disrespectful racism, as he did with the equally repugnant acts of some Rangers supporters in Manchester?

the tartan army are giving Scotland, once known for being the greatest fans in the world, a bad reputation as being nothing more than a lowly group of neds and filth.

were you at the lithuanian game ya cant?no you obviously were not,well i was there and i can assure you that after the Scotland national anthem i thought it strange that they didnt play the lithuanian one,turns out they already had but nobody heard it as the scottish fans were having a good sing song at the time,as for the booing last night - i must admit if i was there i wouldve bood the song too, i hate the song ,its not an anti-anything hate its just a personal thing,much like i hate techno music ,

pinnochiooo bertdunf found out again :rollsmile::rollsmile::rollsmile:

its all gone quiet over there :rolleyes::rolleyes::rollsmile: