Fife Football Forum

Scotland Squad

mgm

Cant get my head around why Davie Weir is still included in the squad.

FFS the man is 39 in a few weeks. Surely there has to be someone younger worthy of a call up, even for a bit experience.

Great point mate, if we qualify he is hardly going to take boys like Weir and Alexander anyway so we should be looking to develop the young boys who will be in future squads. Weir wont play so at 39 i dont see why he is there.

Young Reynolds at motherwell looks a good prospect i'd like to see him in a future squad

also, Diamond, Mulgrew, Kenneth, Lee Wallace, Quinn and others, good few young boys coming through

you're rite there bell boy there is folk there who need the experience, but if caldwell and mcmanus (prey it dont) get injured id hav to say wld want wier in there infront of reynolds against iceland, hes jus coverin his bases. Also id hav mcCormick in infront of commons, dnt rate him at all, the lad takes on 1 player and delivery is shockin, plus we have a real striker crisis if the best we have is miller or fletcher up on thier own :cheers: fletcher has been poor of late but scores a bundled header and suddenly back in form? dont think so. last point no1 has said anything bout barry robsons omission from the squad.....

Barry Robson ruled himself out because hes injured i think.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..gordon..

alexander....weir....mcmanus....naysmith

..caldwell..

brown....fletcher....ferguson....commons

..miller..

------------------------------------------------

would ave went for mcgregor in goals but no chance of that wi the old hearts conection......

..gordon..

alexander....weir....mcmanus....naysmith

..caldwell..

brown....fletcher....ferguson....commons

..miller..

------------------------------------------------

would ave went for mcgregor in goals but no chance of that wi the old hearts conection......

More like no chance cos he couldn't velcro Gordon's gloves. :whistling:

I reckon if Burley plays Gordon before McGregor then his whole thing with Kris Boyd will backfire on him. His exact words were that Kris Boyd cannot expect a game with his country when he can't even get a game for his club. Gordon hasn't played for near 6 months with Sunderland. Saying that he's still twice the goalkeeper McGregor will ever be :rollsmile:

I reckon if Burley plays Gordon before McGregor then his whole thing with Kris Boyd will backfire on him. His exact words were that Kris Boyd cannot expect a game with his country when he can't even get a game for his club. Gordon hasn't played for near 6 months with Sunderland. Saying that he's still twice the goalkeeper McGregor will ever be :whistling:

It's a totally different position tho. I know its not ideal but goalkeepers don't need to be as fit as outfield players and I think he should definitely go with Gordon. BTW does any cant really think Kris Boyd is a big loss????? :whistling:

I reckon if Burley plays Gordon before McGregor then his whole thing with Kris Boyd will backfire on him. His exact words were that Kris Boyd cannot expect a game with his country when he can't even get a game for his club. Gordon hasn't played for near 6 months with Sunderland. Saying that he's still twice the goalkeeper McGregor will ever be :whistling:

It's a totally different position tho. I know its not ideal but goalkeepers don't need to be as fit as outfield players and I think he should definitely go with Gordon. BTW does any cant really think Kris Boyd is a big loss????? :whistling:

Not really but he can't come out with something like "you can't play 'cos your not getting at game at your club BUT you can". He's making an arse of himself. He should've just had the baws to say "Kris, you've just not got what it takes to run around like a headless chicken"

I reckon if Burley plays Gordon before McGregor then his whole thing with Kris Boyd will backfire on him. His exact words were that Kris Boyd cannot expect a game with his country when he can't even get a game for his club. Gordon hasn't played for near 6 months with Sunderland. Saying that he's still twice the goalkeeper McGregor will ever be :rollsmile:

It's a totally different position tho. I know its not ideal but goalkeepers don't need to be as fit as outfield players and I think he should definitely go with Gordon. BTW does any cant really think Kris Boyd is a big loss????? :rollsmile:

Not really but he can't come out with something like "you can't play 'cos your not getting at game at your club BUT you can". He's making an arse of himself. He should've just had the baws to say "Kris, you've just not got what it takes to run around like a headless chicken"

Unlike your team mate Kenny Miller who has it down to fine art. :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :rollsmile: :rollsmile:

It's a totally different position tho. I know its not ideal but goalkeepers don't need to be as fit as outfield players and I think he should definitely go with Gordon. BTW does any cant really think Kris Boyd is a big loss????? :rollsmile:

Unlike your team mate Kenny Miller who has it down to fine art. :whistling: :whistling: :rollsmile: :rollsmile: :rollsmile: :rollsmile: :rollsmile: :rollsmile:

Well, he's not my team mate but aye. He's made a career out of it...

Unlike your team mate Kenny Miller who has it down to fine art. :whistling: :whistling: :rollsmile: :rollsmile: :rollsmile: :rollsmile: :rollsmile: :rollsmile:

You've played alongside better strikers than Kenny Miller Hodgey mate. :rollsmile:

Unlike your team mate Kenny Miller who has it down to fine art. :rollsmile: :rollsmile: :rollsmile: :rollsmile: :rollsmile: :rollsmile: :rollsmile: :rollsmile:

You've played alongside better strikers than Kenny Miller Hodgey mate. :rollsmile:

Aye Fordy @ Benarty and Jossy @ Cowdenbeath :rollsmile::heartbeat::rollsmile:

Unlike your team mate Kenny Miller who has it down to fine art. :rollsmile: :rollsmile: :rollsmile: :rollsmile: :rollsmile: :rollsmile: :rollsmile: :rollsmile:

Aye Fordy @ Benarty and Jossy @ Cowdenbeath :rollsmile::heartbeat: :whistling,

weir out,broadband out,mcmannus 50/50,miller 50/50,commons 50/50,feguson carrying an injury

I reckon if Burley plays Gordon before McGregor then his whole thing with Kris Boyd will backfire on him. His exact words were that Kris Boyd cannot expect a game with his country when he can't even get a game for his club. Gordon hasn't played for near 6 months with Sunderland. Saying that he's still twice the goalkeeper McGregor will ever be :rolleyes:

It's a totally different position tho. I know its not ideal but goalkeepers don't need to be as fit as outfield players and I think he should definitely go with Gordon. BTW does any cant really think Kris Boyd is a big loss????? :unsure:

Unlike your team mate Kenny Miller who has it down to fine art. :cheers::headbang: :headbang: ;):headbang:;):rollsmile::headbang:

You've played alongside better strikers than Kenny Miller Hodgey mate. :headbang:

Aye Fordy @ Benarty and Jossy @ Cowdenbeath :whistling::rollsmile::rollsmile:

Very good Craig son. Enjoy the Dam but think you must have started smoking too early mate. :headbang:;) ;) :rollsmile: :rollsmile: