Fife Football Forum

Kingdom League V Fafa

Start from scratch and be sensible about it. Top teams who apply from Kingdom with top clubs from FAFA Premier. The rest won't take much to restructure. For the sake of Fife Amateur Football this needs to be done properly. Simply stating they should start from the bottom and work their way up the divisions simply doesn't make sense

That was my point. No sense in the top Kingdom teams being in the bottom league. It doesn't benefit anyone having them there. Use the addition of Kingdom teams as a point in time to form the new association and restructure the leagues.

As I said, the level that each team plays at will soon fall into place.

What an association it could be....

Start from scratch and be sensible about it. Top teams who apply from Kingdom with top clubs from FAFA Premier. The rest won't take much to restructure. For the sake of Fife Amateur Football this needs to be done properly. Simply stating they should start from the bottom and work their way up the divisions simply doesn't make sense

That was my point. No sense in the top Kingdom teams being in the bottom league. It doesn't benefit anyone having them there. Use the addition of Kingdom teams as a point in time to form the new association and restructure the leagues.

If the FAFA teams remember when we actually had meaningful talks with Kingdom about a merger initially FAFA were going to have 4/5 teams in the Top league and Kingdom the rest. They went back to their meeting and came back saying they wanted more so we agreed and were only going to have 3 teams in top league.

The reason we agreed to it was to get the merger done as we could see in a couple of seasons the leagues would have sorted themselves out. They went back to their meeting and suddenly they withdrew from all talks. It would appear that some clubs suddenly vetoed the whole idea for some reason.

Now I say "clubs" when it might be individuals in the clubs who attend the meetings on there behalf don't want the merger to happen for whatever reason.

I wonder if it would be possible and would players turn up to hold a mass meeting where each person there gets a vote for or against a merger. This way if it is true that the players want a merger then all they need do is turn up and vote.

If the majority of all registered players and club committee members in Fife voted then everyone would know what is wanted and where we go from there.

I've never spoke to a player who isn't up for the merger. Would be interesting if someone set up a thread on this for players to vote. A simple yes/no and the club they play for. I'm thinking it would be 95% for the merger.

If the FAFA teams remember when we actually had meaningful talks with Kingdom about a merger initially FAFA were going to have 4/5 teams in the Top league and Kingdom the rest. They went back to their meeting and came back saying they wanted more so we agreed and were only going to have 3 teams in top league.

The reason we agreed to it was to get the merger done as we could see in a couple of seasons the leagues would have sorted themselves out. They went back to their meeting and suddenly they withdrew from all talks. It would appear that some clubs suddenly vetoed the whole idea for some reason.

Now I say "clubs" when it might be individuals in the clubs who attend the meetings on there behalf don't want the merger to happen for whatever reason.

I wonder if it would be possible and would players turn up to hold a mass meeting where each person there gets a vote for or against a merger. This way if it is true that the players want a merger then all they need do is turn up and vote.

If the majority of all registered players and club committee members in Fife voted then everyone would know what is wanted and where we go from there.

Great idea. You could technically set up and online vote. Get a list of players and staff from each club and when they vote online they enter their details and are marked off the list.

Create a document that everyone can read to outline the proposal then get a vote.

Great idea. You could technically set up and online vote. Get a list of players and staff from each club and when they vote online they enter their details and are marked off the list.

Create a document that everyone can read to outline the proposal then get a vote.

and the fans should get a vote also / I have been a fan and x player for many years and wanted a merger long ago .but have no connection with any club .

If something isn't sorted soon about this then a really see the Fife Teams struggling more and more each year because of it. There is a lot of players on here that probably have there own thoughts on it but there has to be a majority of guys that just want to be playing football at a decent standard week in week out and don't really care what association it is or of they are merged.

Surely if the 2 associations can't agree on something then a proposal has to go to someone higher up and if passed the Kingdom & FAFA are then told that this is what is happening.

and the fans should get a vote also / I have been a fan and x player for many years and wanted a merger long ago .but have no connection with any club .

Of course. It would be a link that can be used by non affiliated people also.

Sensible people in football and in the FAFA would accept the fact that the higher performing teams deserve to be in the top league and bring proper competition, stability and security

Yes some teams might question it but as in other posts it will take time to settle......for the good

Leagues to function properly should be max 14 teams so 42 teams would be spot on

If teams are serious then speak to people, this is not for individuals........... its for teams and survival and the future

I for one would support this in a proper meeting (EGM) but teams need to decide which route they want to take

Lets do this and get people talking about the positives of Fife football again

Simple solution take top 7 teams from each league at the end of this season to form a premier league. Then form a championship with the rest of the kingdom teams and the rest from FAFA premier and top teams from next league down.

At the end of the season have automatic promotion for top 2 teams then playoffs for 3rd bottom of new premier and 3rd,4th and 5th in championship, same applies to league 1. We scrap a couple of cups to allow for playoffs which would keep far more teams involved towards the end of the season.

This would be easier being a new set with a newly created league committee voted in by all teams.

We can all wish but I think the coming weeks will reveal all.

I am neither for or against amalgamtion however I struggle to see why a merger would stop teams folding, solve teams money problems, improve facilities, get more players along or any of the other things that have been said. Perhaps I am missing something?

The Kingdom has a problem in the fact that a majority of the games are meaningless so a merger would certainly help that, but the FAFA have very few meaningless games and 3 very competitive divisions although a 9 team 1st division is madness but something that can be changed in the future!

I had thought the Kingdom was perhaps better run, but recent events seemed to have disproved that theory with both associations having their good and bad points so perhaps a merger would improve the overall running of the leagues, but is that enough to stop teams folding and bring back players?

Not often I agree with a hibbee ,but you are right colin . amalgamation wont stop teams folding.lack of players wanting to and committing to play is the problem. I bet every team has a big enough squad but never have them all available because of a number of reasons or excuses. its my m8s birthday on Saturday we going out or wife wants me to go shopping. things that never happened years ago.used to be the case if you had wedding to go to on a Saturday your wife g/f went on there own and you met up at night. any way no one has thought of a top league fife wide and 2 lower leagues regionalised. it may be that travelling from valleyfield to st Andrews as an example takes up too much time for some guys. don't have all the answers but getting more guys to commit would help guys running teams.