Fife Football Forum

Strathmiglo Utd

Utd

2 hours ago, ya cant said:

A never said that the league was too blame ....... i said alot of teams seasons are over by end of october and you wonder why teams fold ? 

And if you read it right i said teams fold to quickly instead of fighting it out cause they arent doing great 

Pete you mention too many egos at the top table which is the league committee so your having a go at them or at least one of them.  As for teams folding because of cup game, come on be sensible here. Kingdom folded as highlighted in earlier post because players who were able to play didnae turn up, others were injured so they couldnae field a team. We played you's last week and had a committee man listed as a sub and he ended up going on simply because  injuries, work and holidays and thats with 20 plus boys signed. It's a different breed of footballers today from we played, fair dooes to them that's their choice but some boys let their team mates down as most teams will agree. As for Strath aye Fife cup winners last year but losing 4  or 5 players with the manager before the season starts disnae help the situation for who took over.  Hope no more teams fold or at this rate it will be a 2 league set up next year

Smiler agree with your post but also agree with yc on teams folding to easy few year ago we lost our opening game against Leven 9-0 and it didn’t get much better that season n played the season out with committee members but got through it thankfully on the cup ties one surely would make sense to keep divisional cup games until after Xmas at least to keep teams interested only my opinion though 

8 hours ago, ya cant said:

Relegation sorted awready and burntisland will stay up on zero points 

mad fackin mad 

teams fold to quick in my eyes ... strath win fife cup last year and fold after 7 games cause there not doing great ? 

Cups being played before october meaning teams season could be over before the end of october ... nae wonder teams are folding when theres fack all to play for after october for alot of teams ..... needs a total rethink from top to bottom imo

problem is to many big egos at the top table and no interested in other peoples views cause it doesnt suit there agenda 

There will still be 2 teams relegated whatever happens , its in the constitution. 

3 hours ago, smiler said:

Pete you mention too many egos at the top table which is the league committee so your having a go at them or at least one of them.  As for teams folding because of cup game, come on be sensible here. Kingdom folded as highlighted in earlier post because players who were able to play didnae turn up, others were injured so they couldnae field a team. We played you's last week and had a committee man listed as a sub and he ended up going on simply because  injuries, work and holidays and thats with 20 plus boys signed. It's a different breed of footballers today from we played, fair dooes to them that's their choice but some boys let their team mates down as most teams will agree. As for Strath aye Fife cup winners last year but losing 4  or 5 players with the manager before the season starts disnae help the situation for who took over.  Hope no more teams fold or at this rate it will be a 2 league set up next year

Smiler 

2 teams gone and probably more to follow ........ imo alot of teams season will be over by end of october and teams players end up losing interest and ends up with teams struggling to field a team .... we have scottish and fife cup ties in october and we have introduced our local cups when imo it should be league games getting played ....only my opinion to try and keep teams interested in havin something too play for ...... not having ago at strath but when the going gets tough they fold ? It was same with previous teams like norton house .. kettle.. cowden ams.... kirkland.... great when they are winning things but the minute they struggle lets fold ? 

Remember one thing smiler .. no clubs then there is no league 

1 minute ago, ya cant said:

Smiler 

2 teams gone and probably more to follow ........ imo alot of teams season will be over by end of october and teams players end up losing interest and ends up with teams struggling to field a team .... we have scottish and fife cup ties in october and we have introduced our local cups when imo it should be league games getting played ....only my opinion to try and keep teams interested in havin something too play for ...... not having ago at strath but when the going gets tough they fold ? It was same with previous teams like norton house .. kettle.. cowden ams.... kirkland.... great when they are winning things but the minute they struggle lets fold ? 

Remember one thing smiler .. no clubs then there is no league 

Nae mention of benarty? Incredible

32 minutes ago, ya cant said:

What and 4 teams up from the championship ? 

Possibly , I wouldn't go for that though personally ,I would go for 2 leagues next season as it stops teams that are struggling and end up folding ,then coming back the following season in the bottom league and winning it, then folding again, that's happened for years corrupt as  

9 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Possibly , I wouldn't go for that though personally ,I would go for 2 leagues next season as it stops teams that are struggling and end up folding ,then coming back the following season in the bottom league , that's happened for years 

There will still need to be 2 relegated though to the bottom league according to the constitution ? Doesnt matter what way you look at it ? And two leagues of what ? 16 and 18 .... i would go for that as well imo so if teams fold then doesnt have much effect as it does now ...... but there will be some big scores in the top league of 16 which could see teams struggle and then fold ... 

better going with 10 -10-14 

so all leagues are competitive 

so that would mean 4 going down in premier and 2 coming up as it stands just now 

Edited by ya cant

It’s always good to see boys talking about things they no nothing about! Strath lost 10 players from their starting 11 in the Fife Cup Final last season, plus a few fringe players. Then throw in the manager, it was never going to be an easy start to the season. Trying to replace that amount of players at short notice was going to be a miracle! Then you have about 5-6 players leaving because results aren’t going great! I think it’s the players that cause teams to fold these days, as without them, clubs can’t do anything!

Boys just don't have same commitment as years gone by.

I have 27boys signed and 17missing for Saturday's game.

Don't let u know till the Tuesday before game half of them.

Attitude stinks and pisses of those committed members of the team.

1 hour ago, wegiephill said:

Boys just don't have same commitment as years gone by.

I have 27boys signed and 17missing for Saturday's game.

Don't let u know till the Tuesday before game half of them.

Attitude stinks and pisses of those committed members of the team.

Definitely. Attitudes have changed massively. Guys missing games because it's their girlfriends next door neighbours cats birthday or because they have a paper cut.

Certainly a lot tougher but rather than folding why not bring in guys that you can rely on. You might not win things but let's you rebuild. We've done it and recently Cupar had to do it as have many of the longstanding clubs. Just seems like failing to fulfill fixtures is the easy option closely followed by jacking it in.

It's sad to see teams fold Ams football has changed alot, commitment, paying for facilities sponsorship etc etc and also losing players

When a manager moves to another team and takes players with him it smacks in the face of loyalty..........we all 

Also when your team produces good players and other teams come along and take them off you as well.........even some top ams teams can offer signing incentives no doubt

The jnr football has lost its money so they need an alternative which means raiding the ams ranks