Fife Football Forum

Game Switched

smiler

As discussed previous in many many posts

There were proposals to amalgamate but alas it fell on deaf ears

In the last FAFA meeting it was discussed and tbh it seemed to be a one way discussion and looked like the Kingdom league in certain quarters didn't want to push it

So the be all and end all is if any 'New' clubs wish to join then they're more than welcome and chat to our committee

Edited by Mariner

Just a wee comment a committee from a Fafa team posted saying all teams welcome and yet that no it all landell lass said its was against all the laws n rules under the sun

I take it from an earlier post the kingdom are again advertising for new teams?

What's the difference or is because boys like Mariner actually want a merger to improve the fife football, but members like landell lass want it all there own way?

Just would like this cleared up if kingdom have advertised seems pretty two faced if so.

Edited by wegiephill

As a wegie myself, Phil, I take offense at you trying to disrespect me personally and slate the Kingdom League also - but, hey ho, that's wegies for you!

But just to inform you of some relevant facts - the rule I quoted previously is still in the handbook, in black and white:-

Extract from SAFA Handbook Season 2016-2017

Page 26

Club movement between Associations and Leagues

(f) No League, Association, club, officer or player shall solicit, entice, encourage or otherwise seek to induce or procure a club to withdraw from participation in an existing League or Association in order to participate in another League or Association.

Such conduct shall be regarded as not being in accord with the objects of the Scottish Amateur Football Association and the best

spirit of the game, and may result in expulsion.

SAFA's National Disciplinary Committee are aware of previous remarks made on this forum by FAFA members and it will be up to them if they wish to take any action.

As regards the general advertising for new members, our League Secretary sought permission from SAFA and they agreed the advert

for new membership, as detailed in the current notification on our league website.

(www.leaguewebsite.co.uk/kingdomcaledonianafa)

This is common practise with other Leagues/Associations too - we took our lead from the Central Scottish AFA.

(www.centralscottishafl.co.uk)

I am not seeking to have anything "all my own way". As I have said before -

The KC Committee are all dedicated, elected members who are there to serve our member clubs.

None of us are serving "our own interests"!

If some member clubs are considering transferring to FAFA, so be it, that's their choice. Clubs have been coming and going ever

since I joined some ten years ago.

If you consider that you have a real grievance, just have a wee chat with SAFA's National Secretary yourself.

So what's the difference then you are posting on a public forum be it newspaper, another board etc. How is that not enticing or encouraging other teams? Its clearly aimed at clubs in the area already formed and as such includes Fafa?

The only difference is you seek approval before trying to take Fafa teams.

The comments made by members on this forum said there is a door always open into Fafa.

Attitude like yours trying to shoot other peoples opinions down when all they are trying to improve the whole of fife football.

A large drop in crowds, many players giving up earlier in life and will regret it in the long run.

Amateur football in fife is dying the kingdom league will be won by February and the teams that are losing 6/7-0/a week will see players leave and score escalate higher. Who wants to turn up knowing they will get beat and who will want to watch

Then committees get downhearted and more teams fold.

Instead of continually debating and arguing take charge and start talks with Fafa.

They have aLL the cards great set up and loads of teams. They have offered you the world and again again it Fall's on deaf doors.

Only one league ruining fife and only one league that can change it

You think am wrong?

You will be of a really small majority.

Why will the Kingdom league be won by February? Have i missed something?

With the amalgamation a non starter, it will be refreshing to see some Kingdom teams join the FAFA, the more teams we have the better.

Will only take 3 or 4 clubs to move then the rest will follow

Best thing that can happen IMO, might mean that the Kingdom is no more but at least it will end up in being one organisation as it should have been few years ago. If the committee can't sort something between them then looks like some of the teams in the league have started the ball rolling.

As a wegie myself, Phil, I take offense at you trying to disrespect me personally and slate the Kingdom League also - but, hey ho, that's wegies for you!

But just to inform you of some relevant facts - the rule I quoted previously is still in the handbook, in black and white:-

Extract from SAFA Handbook Season 2016-2017

Page 26

Club movement between Associations and Leagues

(f) No League, Association, club, officer or player shall solicit, entice, encourage or otherwise seek to induce or procure a club to withdraw from participation in an existing League or Association in order to participate in another League or Association.

Such conduct shall be regarded as not being in accord with the objects of the Scottish Amateur Football Association and the best

spirit of the game, and may result in expulsion.

SAFA's National Disciplinary Committee are aware of previous remarks made on this forum by FAFA members and it will be up to them if they wish to take any action.

As regards the general advertising for new members, our League Secretary sought permission from SAFA and they agreed the advert

for new membership, as detailed in the current notification on our league website.

(www.leaguewebsite.co.uk/kingdomcaledonianafa)

This is common practise with other Leagues/Associations too - we took our lead from the Central Scottish AFA.

(www.centralscottishafl.co.uk)

I am not seeking to have anything "all my own way". As I have said before -

The KC Committee are all dedicated, elected members who are there to serve our member clubs.

None of us are serving "our own interests"!

If some member clubs are considering transferring to FAFA, so be it, that's their choice. Clubs have been coming and going ever

since I joined some ten years ago.

If you consider that you have a real grievance, just have a wee chat with SAFA's National Secretary yourself.

Page 26 Rule 2 of the constitution 'To promote foster and develop through out its membership without discrimination against any organisation or person for reason of race, religion or politics the game of Association football...............'

So if any 'NEW' clubs want to join the FAFA then they'd be more than welcome

Edited by Mariner

League back in January and with leven having only 6 games left they win 4 and aberdour, gpr drop points its conceivable league will be won in February.

Hopefully won't happen but with so few teams it's a defo possibility.

All am saying is join ships keep kingdom top for one season 2 up 2 Down and it will soon even up.

11 teams in kingdom at the moment so move 3 or 5 top teams from premiership up and make it Large top league.

I for one don't see the point in teams joining a bottom league when they are a huge step up in class. If it's a case of teams joining it has to be taken into context and put them where they should be in the top league.

Feathers may be ruffled but it won't be from the lower league teams as they won't want to turn up knowing the league they are in is already one and if strath do come then they would put 10 past most teams in Fafa bottom league. No disrespect ment to bottom league teams and I know a fair few would certainly agree.

No way amalgamation will happen as kingdom dont want it ...... a see strathmiglo have changed there minds quickly from the agm in june .... as when proposal was read out for amalgamation theyre secretary said .. no this pish again !!! So good they have seen the light ..... i can see 3 or 4 teams leave the kingdom and join the fafa bottom league and work there way up through the leagues if there good enough .....

Where does that leave an 8 team kingdom league ? The amalgamation proposal should have went through in june and next season would have seen the leagues revamped but it was not to be ..... after all thats went on in kingdom league this season theres a few angry teams oot there who feel cheated and let down and this could have a big say in which league they want to play in next season ......