Fife Football Forum

Amalgamation ?

ya cant

Seen a few comments about which league we(glenrothes) should be in , its funny everyone else is more concerned with what league we are in than us. We just want to play football and if amalgamation goes ahead we wont care what league we are put in. Cant believe theres so much negativity about this who cares how its come about, who cares what state the kingdoms in. For years players and clubs have wanted this so surely to feck all clubs show on monday and try and make this work.

Correct. And if some clubs think they are better than the league they are in then they will just need to go out and prove it

Been involved in both league set ups for past 7/8 years and championed change from the start, now anyone who thinks Kingdom on its knees are talking our there arse, still great league to play in and more teams than premier league have in it, also fafa have had to make a Cup or other leagues up to give teams games to finish season, and there is a team who can't afford to play in it😳😳 So both association's have issues, anybody who wants best for Fife football wants to see all the leagues sorted and I think Leven showed last year we in Fife can be a force in Scottish football, ffs let's get it sorted!!!!

Hi guys. who has arranged this meeting on Monday and can I ask also Has both league executive committee's gave the go ahead or is this a club only breakaway meeting ?? I believe emails sent out to clubs but from who,,,,,,,, strange thing to happen imo ??

Imo I think the proposal sent out is a good one and agree 7 Kingdom 6 from fafa prem and 1 promoted from championship, also agree with other views that the other Kingdom teams should then be filtered into the other 2 fafa leagues, I'm at balgonie and we haven't had a great season, if we were in the bottom league to start with wouldn't bother me as gives us a chance to build team, if good enough we would then end up in championship.

To much negative views and talking about the past.

Trumps Wall will be something else when complete - would sit 3rd place in a list of fine walls In my opinion:

1. Pittenweem Harbour Wa'

2. Great Wall of China

3. Trumps Wall

You can go visit the 2nd and 3rd placed walls in 2017/2018 if you like, because on current standings and for a fair split in amalgamation it will be a while until you visit Oor Herbour Wa'

Edited by THE ROD

Just personally think it stinks of pure arrogance to me.

Teams that have worked hard to get where they are in the FAFA Leagues to be told your being moved into a division because it's deemed that some sides from the Kingdom League are better.

Do we know this for sure? Where is this assumption that the Kingdom teams are the far superior and deserve the right to have more sides in the top tier?

If your basing it over a few cup results in the Fife Cup then it doesn't paint a fair picture over the odd one off game.

Edited by THE ROD

Trumps Wall will be something else when complete - would sit 3rd place in a list of fine walls In my opinion:

1. Pittenweem Harbour Wa'

2. Great Wall of China

3. Trumps Wall

You can go visit the 2nd and 3rd placed walls in 2017/2018 if you like, because on current standings and for a fair split in amalgamation it will be a while until you visit Oor Herbour Wa'

Ye missed derrys wall pal

Teams that have worked hard to get where they are in the FAFA Leagues to be told your being moved into a division because it's deemed that some sides from the Kingdom League are better.

Do we know this for sure? Where is this assumption that the Kingdom teams are the far superior and deserve the right to have more sides in the top tier?

If your basing it over a few cup results in the Fife Cup then it doesn't paint a fair picture over the odd one off game.

Yer right pal ... since kingdom league started fife cup has been won 21 times out of 28 from a kingdom team so that throughs yer theory oot the window .......stick to building walls pal

Theres going to be a few noses out of joint but heres one thats no been quoted and i think it could work .. put all kingdom teams in the first division and keep the fafa premier as top league and within 2 or 3 seasons am sure the leagues would work out

Yer right pal ... since kingdom league started fife cup has been won 21 times out of 28 from a kingdom team so that throughs yer theory oot the window .......stick to building walls pal

Theres going to be a few noses out of joint but heres one thats no been quoted and i think it could work .. put all kingdom teams in the first division and keep the fafa premier as top league and within 2 or 3 seasons am sure the leagues would work out

How does that throw my theory out the window?

If your basing it over the odd one off cup game then it doesn't give a fair reflection than what a whole season would. That's the point Im making.

Kirkcaldy YM got further than 3/4's of the Kingdom League in the scottish cup this season. Currently sitting bottom in the FAFA Premier - should they be in with the big boys because they got further than most of your teams?

That's the point I'm trying to make - you cannot base it on the odd cup result that the Kingdom League should have 3/4s of their league in the top tier.

Remember the request/meeting is for a 'merger' so not an amalgamation

Lets not get into slagging each league/set up/teams etc

There is now some people making a positive stance in moving Fife Ams football ahead

But lets be sensible about this and the meeting is neutral thus allowing communication and counter proposals

Lets make the transition sensible and not over complicating it with play offs, doing this for 1 season change in season 2 etc

then the agreed proposal needs to go to each committee be put into place with it being given the sanction to go ahead from the SAFA

Then the work starts so plans and timelines set out, committee voted in, cups decided upon sponsors spoken to etc etc

Has the original proposal been sent to all clubs for their perusal pre mondays meeting?

Edited by Mariner