Fife Football Forum

Amalgamation ?

ya cant

There is no new organisation this is simply a meeting of clubs.

This is to try and get a team or two across to the kingdom. Why not wait till next month and have meeting. I'll tell u why because it would be too late for teams to join. After tonight they will have a fortnight to get application in.kingdom committee are giving full support to this meeting why don't they just have a meeting with fafa and say lets get this done. Don't leave to everybody else. KC know the teams and fafa want it.

you havin a laugh mate,heres a line from the proposal it actually says its a new set up

"That’s why this is a proposal to form a completely new set up involving both associations member clubs".

This is to try and get a team or two across to the kingdom. Why not wait till next month and have meeting. I'll tell u why because it would be too late for teams to join. After tonight they will have a fortnight to get application in.kingdom committee are giving full support to this meeting why don't they just have a meeting with fafa and say lets get this done. Don't leave to everybody else. KC know the teams and fafa want it.

You need to read your personal messages, bud.

Info from our league

The SAFA have advised that as this Restructuring Meeting / New Organisation is not affiliated to the SAFA that all clubs in the FAFA should not participate in any unscheduled meetings.

If and when this new organisation applies for affiliation they will be advised that they can only be formed from NEW Clubs and not existing clubs unless it is an approved merger.

Therefore the FAFA must advise that NO FAFA clubs should participate or commit in any shape or form to this new organisation without consulting the other clubs in the FAFA, the FAFA Committee, and the SAFA.

The FAFA Committee fully supports a merger of all clubs in Fife providing it is organised and processed in the correct manner of consultation and communication.

Go to the meeting , let the clubs agree what they want then take it back to your respected association as a merger proposal.

ok landell lass all I want too know is why is Rory doing this. Why can't the kc and fafa committee not get together and just do it. You know every body wants merger. Give me all fafa and kc e-mails and I will write to them to get a meeting organised for amalgamation.

ok landell lass all I want too know is why is Rory doing this. Why can't the kc and fafa committee not get together and just do it. You know every body wants merger. Give me all fafa and kc e-mails and I will write to them to get a meeting organised for amalgamation.

You seem to have missed the point I made in that:-

"The meeting was suggested by a few club reps at our league meeting on Monday and was given full support from our committee as we are of the opinion that the initial proposals have to come from the clubs"

However, we go forward as committees, it is the clubs from both associations that need to discuss and agree how they want the league setup.

"The meeting was suggested by a few club reps at our league meeting on Monday and was given full support from our committee as we are of the opinion that the initial proposals have to come from the clubs"

However, we go forward as committees, it is the clubs from both associations that need to discuss and agree how they want the league setup.

I'm sorry but this just sounds like all smoke and mirrors. if as you say "it is the clubs from both associations that need to discuss and agree how they want the league setup" why didn't the Kingdom allow the clubs to merge last time?

The final want from Kingdom then was a 9:3 ratio in the top leagues which the FAFA clubs agreed to. Suddenly it had to be taken back to be agreed AGAIN by the kingdom clubs who asked for it???

Then we get told the clubs voted against it. Something they will have voted for before bringing to the table for discussion.

I would advise all FAFA Clubs to go against the SAFA at your peril. They do not take kindly to clubs who just do their own thing and there is enough detail out there to show that this meeting tonight is to discuss a new Association, regardless of how it is dressed up.

Remember we have committee members on a few SAFA Committees which is why this would have been checked and the information relayed to all FAFA Clubs NOT to attend tonight.

If as people have said Kingdom clubs want to merge then come and talk to the FAFA Committee. If you come together then it can be a merger if you come as individuals then our constitution states all new clubs join in the bottom league.

The purpose of tonight's meeting is to see if the clubs are for a merger, restructure whatever you want to call it. It has taken years for someone to try and move this along and at the last minute a spanner is being thrown in to try and upset the apple cart. The idea of a new set up is just one idea nobody is committed to anything.

The only way the clubs can bring this about is to have open discussions. Then we can approach both league committee's.

Why has it taken until today for someone to approach SAFA allegedly.

I am telling you all now that this will be happening one way or another change is coming for the better of Fife football.

So which member of Fife association did a Lee Wallace to the Scottish?

Thats no hard to work out ....what they going to do to the teams that do turn up ? Do what they did to falkland.. try and put them out the game ? Would only make me mord determind to go to a new set up that wants to sort out fife football than one that wants to stagnate

I'm sorry but this just sounds like all smoke and mirrors. if as you say "it is the clubs from both associations that need to discuss and agree how they want the league setup" why didn't the Kingdom allow the clubs to merge last time?

The final want from Kingdom then was a 9:3 ratio in the top leagues which the FAFA clubs agreed to. Suddenly it had to be taken back to be agreed AGAIN by the kingdom clubs who asked for it???

Then we get told the clubs voted against it. Something they will have voted for before bringing to the table for discussion.

I would advise all FAFA Clubs to go against the SAFA at your peril. They do not take kindly to clubs who just do their own thing and there is enough detail out there to show that this meeting tonight is to discuss a new Association, regardless of how it is dressed up.

Remember we have committee members on a few SAFA Committees which is why this would have been checked and the information relayed to all FAFA Clubs NOT to attend tonight.

If as people have said Kingdom clubs want to merge then come and talk to the FAFA Committee. If you come together then it can be a merger if you come as individuals then our constitution states all new clubs join in the bottom league.

Is that what you tried to do with falkland and yer secretary left with his tail between his legs.... threats threats threats ...... nothing but a dictatorship ........ and your asking why the kingdom clubs didnt move over the last time ...... maybe youve answered that yourself with this statement ......

How long ago was it with the famous statement to your clubs at the fafa meeting...........

dont worry lads the safa are going to amalgamate the 2 associations and everyone of them fell for it ... was that 5 years ago ...... all pish and i dont know how the clubs cant see what yous are doing .......

Is that what you tried to do with falkland and yer secretary left with his tail between his legs.... threats threats threats ...... nothing but a dictatorship ........ and your asking why the kingdom clubs didnt move over the last time ...... maybe youve answered that yourself with this statement ......

ya can't years ago kingdom didn't let teams into there league because either park or changing rooms not up to there standard. REC. they don't need a meeting to see if clubs want it. They all know clubs want. It should be a meeting with both set off committee just saying it's happening and when. PS I want the merger.

For any club interested. I have read with great interest all comments on this subject, however I must take exception to the post stating that SAFA has banned this meeting. This is direct from SAFA this afternoon. "We have no issue with any clubs holding an informal meeting. If the meeting is banned then it is FAFA who have banned it and it's their decision not SAFA's."

Edited by wjc

For any club interested. I have read with great interest all comments on this subject, however I must take exception to the post stating that SAFA has banned this meeting. This is direct from SAFA this afternoon. We have no issue with any clubs holding an informal meeting. If the meeting is banned then it is FAFA who have banned it and it's their decision not SAFA's.

Exactly ........ threats threats threats ..... theyve been doing it for years...... ask falkland afc how they were treated and the safa backed there claim and fafa secretary left the meeting wae his tail between his legs ....great opportunity here for clubs in fife to move on and stop being dictated too