Fife Football Forum

Leagues

ya cant

23 minutes ago, Bombscare said:

Premier league games can be finished 4 weeks earlier than the other 2 leagues if we play 22 games and they play 30. Unless we aren’t starting midweek games and the season is starting later? Do we have a start date? 

August 18th bud 

14 team top league would never have worked with so many Championship teams not wanting to come up. We’re even talking of potentially putting a Div 1 team into top league to make numbers up. 

Think the 12-11-10 set up made sense but if any teams fold before season kicks off they’d be as well considering 2 leagues of 16. 

1 hour ago, Super Sub said:

Thought it was agreed that premier league was going to start a week earlier as most of them had there own park?

or has the executive change this also?

nothing to do with the executive ,it was voted by the clubs 

No point starting early now with less games in the premier league 

it was an option but no point now 

17th august for ylum as we have friendlies arranged for 10th and 13th 

What a farce last night ...... 

teams not wanting to go up ... teams threatening to fold if put up a league 

Cannae get my head round that 

can see a few teams fold this season and come february teams will be about finished in the premier 

Would you no prefer to have a competitive 12 team league though Pete? We were potentially talking about putting teams from Div 1 up into premier last night. 

We’ve experienced being at the wrong end of the Kingdom league at Scotia but have spent the past 2 seasons rebuilding and getting promotion that merited our performances. 

I don’t see any point making the premier bigger just for the sake of it if it would result in teams getting thumped and folding. Like I said earlier, be as well having 2 leagues of say 16 wi 3 up/3 down and maybe even a play off for 4 up/4 down? 

Were no making the premier bigger pal i voted for it too stay the same ... 14 as did everybody else at an agm but then mysteriously a special general meeting was arranged cause teams were threatening to fold if they were put in the premier ....... cant for the life of me see why clubs threaten to fold that it changed the mindset of peoples votes 

teams fold every season wether they are in any league its part and parcel of the game and attitude now where teams fold ...... what happens if 3 teams fold in the ptremier like last season ? That mean a team that comes 8th will be relegated and they will play 16 league games 

its a farce what happened last night and you know it 

40 minutes ago, Bombscare said:

Foss obviously shat the bed. It will be 2 leagues before we know it! Will only get worse I’m afraid.

Going to force good football people out the game ....... imagine if it went to 2 leagues 

12 in the premier and 20 in the league below cause they would threaten to fold if they were put in the premier ...... thats the mindset of these teams 

unbelievable