Fife Football Forum

New Association

Pete why bring us Aberdour and Strath into your rant, we could have proposed 9-5, but as you said fafa were always going to get what was best for them as well..... ffs at that same meeting ylum said if kingdom went below 10 teams they would be applying to join fafa bottom league... so don't be having a ###### go at us.... we all agreed that this needed to happen asap.. n I think we should all be thanking big Rory from Aberdour for doing something u tried to do for years

Still backstabbing is wrong ... am sure a could have backstabbed the kingdom teams years ago and went with the fafa cause my team was in it ...... no credibility will stick in the new association thats a FACT ...... we know were we stand with yous rover thats one thing that come out the meeting
Pete could write a book about sporting integrity n ylum so dinnae give me your pish,..... I'll actually be gutted for chipper, Shug, herv, big Rab n the boys if ylum dinnae make it, cause they are still the games we want to be part off....., but will no miss yourself..... cause this is got nothing to do wi Bowhill, all your doing is making a cant of yourself n making ylum laughing stock if they dinnae make it, n the boys dinnae deserve that......

Is that right rover ...... ye need to have a word wae the boy yous all made a cant off in bowhill changing rooms or you trying to deny this meeting took place

Haha I'm lost, who's fault is it now, folk been lying, cheating, backstabbing the lot!!! 😂😂😂

U couldnae make this up, n it's awbody but ylum fault that they might finish 7/8th 😂😂

Comedy Gold #sportingintegrity

defo my last word on the topic ............. what will be will be .... and good luck to all the teams in the new set up , av read everyones point of view on here and some have some good points and some have there own self minded views for there own benefit ..... my own personal view is an opinion that no one has an answer for so a will leave it at that and lets get the football started and hope the new committee is there on merit.everyone who knows me knows i have strong views on looking after the clubs but now is time to look after your own club .......so lets play football ............

It's nothing to do with sporting integrity YC. It's because It looks unlikely that Ylum aren't going to be starting in top division. Ok, teams didn't know this was going to happen, I get that, but teams will finish in their respective position due to ability, would be no different if teams new at start of season or not. Who wants to play in a league of 9, when the new format could be in place for next season??

You still cant grasp it can you ....the league has lost all its credibilty before a ball is kicked .... people that cant see that either dont know nothing about football or just stupid ....its no just ylum theres kinross falkland ... and teams who finish 7 8 9 in premier ...... anyway its done now so just have to get on with it ...... big difference if teams know what they are playing for at start of season rather than 3 or 4 games to go and if you cant see that then yer stupid ....... league has no credibilty and thats a fact .... you have to show fairness to all clubs and this decision shows how much credibilty the new association has .. a big fat zero ... laugh away though pal ...

I'm not laughing Pete, just don't get why you think it makes as much difference, whether we knew at start of season or now. Put the merger aside, do you agree the objective at the start of the season was to finish as high in league as possible? Now with 4 games to go, that's still the same objective surely?

defo my last word on the topic ............. what will be will be .... and good luck to all the teams in the new set up , av read everyones point of view on here and some have some good points and some have there own self minded views for there own benefit ..... my own personal view is an opinion that no one has an answer for so a will leave it at that and lets get the football started and hope the new committee is there on merit.everyone who knows me knows i have strong views on looking after the clubs but now is time to look after your own club .......so lets play football ............

I don't think it's a coincidence that your no on committee with that bitter wee taste in your mouth n it's all went fine this time round....

I don't think it's a coincidence that your no on committee with that bitter wee taste in your mouth n it's all went fine this time round....

as i said earlier rover ....i could have done what yous done and just said fack it my team is in it and fack the rest of the teams ...and if you check pal i had 9 from kingdom and 3 from the fafa ...so i let you think who had a better deal .

al bookmark this rover and have a look in 2 years time and yes i did have a deal of 9 and 3 and am sure the fafa committee will confirm this but yous buckled just to get it through and were willing to go as low as 5 teams thats no called a deal pal thats called al just take anything to get it through ........anyway a said that was my last post on the topic and enjoy yer football ..you have a scottish cup tie on saturday so all the best j

Edited by ya cant

Hi. just joined cos I think there's one really important point to be made about the merger (been trying not ).

Before I do its worth quickly knocking this 'handful of games' point on the head before it gets any traction. It only takes 30secs. You can look at the Kingdom here (http://www.leaguewebsite.co.uk/kingdomcaledonianafa/Divisions). Only two teams have three games left. The restructuring doesn't apply to them (they're not in the proposals) as both teams joined the FAFA in February - choosing their own division. In fact the manager of Glenrothes made a good post on here saying that a lot of people seemed to be concerning themselves with where he plays next season but leave it up to him. There's one team has 4 games left and the restructure doesn't relegate them either as its Aberdour with 41 points. All other teams have between 30% and 50% of the League season left. The FAFA Premiersip is here (http://fifefootball.co.uk/fife/fafa/fafa-premiership/). All teams have between 30% and 55% of the season left. There are no teams being told they're relegated with only an handful of games left - its just a non-point.

While on the Kingdom site, the result grid is here http://www.leaguewebsite.co.uk/kingdomcaledonianafa/ResultGrids). A quick look shows that if you use the league sorted on form (pts/game) ylum have picked up one point (loosing the reverse fixture 4-0) in the 8 games against the teams in the six Premiership slots, with a GD of -13. There's nothing wrong with having a bit of passion for your team, mate, but from the outside there's nothing to show they belong with the other six at the moment. But there's still plenty of opportunity to get there - four games left against those teams (that's 20% of your entire league program) including a six-pointer against Cupar Hearts, and there's another six pointer against Kinross. You take points off the teams above you and win the six-pointers with the teams around you, then you move up - that how leagues work. Have to admit I'm hoping for Cupar Hearts tho - two guaranteed Cupar derbys in a Fife-wide Premiership is the sort of thing we can get spectators and press to.

The point I wanted to make was to quickly offer a vote of thanks to the FAFA teams in bottom half of the Prem (where its really, really tight). We've cleared what was supposed to be the biggest hurdle to amalgamation without breaking into a sweat. All teams in both associations should recognise that its been their willingness to accept 4down+2up that means we've been able to put attractive proposals together and sort this so quickly. For example I think everybody knows by now that Fossoway put in a 6+6+2 proposal and Methilhill Strollers really constructive comments can be seen all through these threads. Is worth noting this is actually what sporting integrity means in the world outside this forum - allowing that your team might do worse than than it could/should in the interests of the game.

Every team in the Kingdom League has had the same chance as every other club. We all agreed a few years ago that we were all playing for our final league positions on the basis that at some point in the future other teams might join the league in which case we would have a split for the beginning of the first new season and start then with 2 leagues.

As far as I am aware clubs gave the Kingdom Executive this authority on an ongoing basis to implement as and when / if it ever happened. So my clubs aim has always been to finish in top half (even though we havent always actually done so in recent years) to be in top league of a possible 2 leagues in Kingdom - now our aim will be to finish top half to get into top Kingdom of Fife league next season - cant see the difference.

I think (apologies if Im wrong) from previous mentions of amalgamation on here Glenrothes said they are ok with not being in top league, Scotia were already going to apply to Fife league and it may actually benefit Falkland playing at a lower level. so, in theory based on current league positions, that sets up an interesting battle between us, Kinross and Lumphinnans to finish 6th or better of course!

Partly true cuparjim but theres No Way the Committee would have told the member clubs at the end of February that they were implementing this set up at the start of the following season,it would have been implemented the season after.

Every team in the Kingdom League has had the same chance as every other club. We all agreed a few years ago that we were all playing for our final league positions on the basis that at some point in the future other teams might join the league in which case we would have a split for the beginning of the first new season and start then with 2 leagues.

As far as I am aware clubs gave the Kingdom Executive this authority on an ongoing basis to implement as and when / if it ever happened. So my clubs aim has always been to finish in top half (even though we havent always actually done so in recent years) to be in top league of a possible 2 leagues in Kingdom - now our aim will be to finish top half to get into top Kingdom of Fife league next season - cant see the difference.

I think (apologies if Im wrong) from previous mentions of amalgamation on here Glenrothes said they are ok with not being in top league, Scotia were already going to apply to Fife league and it may actually benefit Falkland playing at a lower level. so, in theory based on current league positions, that sets up an interesting battle between us, Kinross and Lumphinnans to finish 6th or better of course!

Partly true cuparjim but theres No Way the Committee would have told the member clubs at the end of February that they were implementing this set up at the start of the following season,it would have been implemented the season after.

Well why is every other Kingdom Executive member wanting it to happen next season ,apart from you ? Lets get on with it and stop all the negative comments

Well as I said if your committee agree with what your saying keep your sporting integrity in tact and offer to start in the bottom league,that way nobody can say that your not sticking to your principles

What the fack ye talking about .... youve got me beat pal ... cause we start in bottom or middle still doesnt make up for the fact the league has lost its credibility before a ball is kickd and that as FACT
Is FACT your favourite word?

No, his favourite word is "credibility". Ffs, it's getting boring now with every single post. Everyone else is trying to get on with it except him.

Give it up now, eh?

I haven't been actively involved with amateur football or the Forum much in recent years but was delighted when I logged in last week and saw the amalgamation topic was actually happening and not one of the long winded posts that happened about once a year.

Well done to all clubs for voting it through.

As for you Pete, I recall you and Tumsh and Keegan trying to get this through a number of years ago and the main war cry was that teams would find their level probably after a season or two at the most and that amalgamation was for the good of football in Fife and would benefit and preserve teams for years to come. Your rants on this page are very poor and a far cry from teams finding their feet as it seems all you wanted was Ylum to be in top league. Yes some teams may have looked after their own interests but from what I have seen written, most teams seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet.

A new relationship always has to have some give and take to work. Bite the bullet Pete and embrace this change which deep down you know is for the good of Fife football. Well done everyone

😂😂😂 oh aye wait, just so ylum might get in, if your saying that they should be in top league surely they will be there following season anyway as way your talking they must be red hot favourites if they do end up in championship, so why hold every other team back. Btw I watched them against Denbeath n I'm no sure what's went on cause I was surprised to see where they were in league!!! But that can't be anybody else's fault surely!!!!

they took there chances mate that was diff that day wee should been out site but there decent side just not having a great season like us but Pete needs to take a chill pill