Jordan

48 minutes ago, ya cant said:

Is it just me but the league finishes in may 

premier has 22 league games 

at the meeting he says we have 34 saturdays 

then why have we got 2 midweek fixtures 

does he want teams finished at the end of january 

not helping teams out one bit 

At this point you’re hoping for a bad winter. 

Actually feel sorry for the poor bloke who does the fixtures - he’s damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t.

Seems to be the same folk trying to tune up the rest of the band and their first thoughts are to try and shoot the boy down in flames. 

The same few on each topic keep moaning and mumping - if you can do any better offer your services?  It’s a thankless task. Logging in seeing a pack of wolves dishing dirt out at the quickest opportunity is only going to achieve in pushing these folk who give up their time out the door - without these folk there wouldn’t be a league. 

In the same token too the boy ceejay says next to nothing, but as soon as a fixtures topic is up he appears and seems to get a buzz out any mishaps that occur. Again rather than nit pick and hit the guy with snide comments - if you really were a former fixture “King” offer to help the boy out?

Thats what’s wrong with society and Scottish football in general too many folk get a buzz and focus far too much with negatives. 

Get on with it min - or if your no happy get involved and do it yourself or offer your support - after all we all want what’s best for Fife Football, don’t we?

2 minutes ago, JockLad91 said:

Actually feel sorry for the poor bloke who does the fixtures - he’s damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t.

Seems to be the same folk trying to tune up the rest of the band and their first thoughts are to try and shoot the boy down in flames. 

The same few on each topic keep moaning and mumping - if you can do any better offer your services?  It’s a thankless task. Logging in seeing a pack of wolves dishing dirt out at the quickest opportunity is only going to achieve in pushing these folk who give up their time out the door - without these folk there wouldn’t be a league. 

In the same token too the boy ceejay says next to nothing, but as soon as a fixtures topic is up he appears and seems to get a buzz out any mishaps that occur. Again rather than nit pick and hit the guy with snide comments - if you really were a former fixture “King” offer to help the boy out?

Thats what’s wrong with society and Scottish football in general too many folk get a buzz and focus far too much with negatives. 

Get on with it min - or if your no happy get involved and do it yourself or offer your support - after all we all want what’s best for Fife Football, don’t we?

So if we have 34 saturdays your saying its right to have midweek games ? When we only have 22 league games ? Your saying without them there would be no league ? Let me tell you neeb there would be no league without teams and if teams are finishing there season before february they are virtually finishing clubs as a whole .

everyone knows 2 leagues of 16 was the way ahead but the league committee didnt want it .

we all know fixture secretary is a hard job but surely you play everybody once in your league before you play a team twice in a week.... that isnt criticism .. its common sense..... 

I have been involved in football for nearly 37 years and av just about had enough on the way the game is going ... av been on league committees .. had people say things about me but theres one thing i put the clubs first before anything ... never took expenses..... always tried to improve the game but now the games gone am afraid . 

12 minutes ago, JockLad91 said:

Everything can be done by computer now, we’re the only league in Britain who can’t get 2/3 weeks fixtures in advance. The Sunday league manage it no probs, so why can’t the saturdays? We do want what’s best for the league hence the reason we have mentioned above. Maybe we shouldn’t mention anything incase u get upset cause your pal Ligi is involved in the set up 

5 minutes ago, Bombscare said:

Everything can be done by computer now, we’re the only league in Britain who can’t get 2/3 weeks fixtures in advance. The Sunday league manage it no probs, so why can’t the saturdays? We do want what’s best for the league hence the reason we have mentioned above. Maybe we shouldn’t mention anything incase u get upset cause your pal Ligi is involved in the set up 

what the fucks it got to do with me Bomber , I do my job ,I couldn't give a toss  about anything else that goes on 

24 minutes ago, JockLad91 said:

27 minutes ago, JockLad91 said:

Fixture King that’s a Belter,if you had any sense you would know that you Cannot have 2 people doing Fixtures.

12 minutes ago, ya cant said:

So if we have 34 saturdays your saying its right to have midweek games ? When we only have 22 league games ? Your saying without them there would be no league ? Let me tell you neeb there would be no league without teams and if teams are finishing there season before february they are virtually finishing clubs as a whole .

everyone knows 2 leagues of 16 was the way ahead but the league committee didnt want it .

we all know fixture secretary is a hard job but surely you play everybody once in your league before you play a team twice in a week.... that isnt criticism .. its common sense..... 

I have been involved in football for nearly 37 years and av just about had enough on the way the game is going ... av been on league committees .. had people say things about me but theres one thing i put the clubs first before anything ... never took expenses..... always tried to improve the game but now the games gone am afraid . 

Again Pete goes back to my first line of my opening post - damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t. I personally think a few league games at the front end will help out rather than kicking things off with a cup or two and saving them for the turn of the year. The time you  take into consideration with Cup comps, potential call offs with the weather etc. It also might help out with ridiculous schedules at the end of the season for the teams that do well whose seasons creep into June because they have a successful season.

Listen I fully agree. I believe the 2 leagues of 16 would have been best fit but was it not down to a vote from all the clubs and it didn’t quite get the full backing? So therefore not all saw it as the best way forward unfortunately - Nature of the beast with a vote sometimes they’re in your favour - sometimes not.

It is common sense bud should play everyone once round before meeting again - is it maybe just down to a genuine mistake? Human error occurs, but did any of you maybe think to drop the guy a message to point it out? Nah the first thought would have been to log on to the forum and try make an arse of the boy.

25 minutes ago, Bombscare said:

Nix to do with Liggy mate - a just don’t enjoy the fact folk try to massage their egos and create grief at the expense of others.

Aye I do agree fixtures probably should be out a wee bit quicker for folk to make arrangements etc. But with the rate and speed folk shoot the guy down in flames - can you blame him being hesitant in releasing the first load. There’s about 4/5 comments complaining already - think I’ve been at YM for about 7/8 years and I think every season without fail we get fired upto Pittenweem for a midweek kick off - but we just get on with it knowing in the long run it will weigh itself up. 

Ever stopped to think as well as that some folk might have circumstances or things going on at home too? 

Would just rather see folk try help each other out rather look to pick holes and shoot down in flames at every opportunity.

21 minutes ago, ceejay said:

Fixture King that’s a Belter,if you had any sense you would know that you Cannot have 2 people doing Fixtures.

You seem to get a raging stauner when there’s any mistake made regarding them.

as many seem to worship you as some Fixture God from the past - why don’t you drop have a chat with the boy or drop him a PM and offer advice? 

Course not - it would be better to log into the forum and have a wee sly dig here and there, eh?

1 hour ago, JockLad91 said:

Well said.

3 hours ago, ya cant said:

Two things I want to reply to here.

If/when we have a bad winter (which we all know is always a strong possibility - look at the wet summer we've just had), I am sure you will be one of the first bumping your gums that midweek games should have been played when we have chance instead of playing 3 games in a week in May etc.

Secondly, the League Committee had nothing to do with the 16 League format. As much as you don't like it, the majority of other clubs obviously didn't agree with your view as they either said no or abstained.

Under the Constitution, that means the League didn't have a decision to make. Put it simply, clubs obviously didn't agree with you - rightly or wrongly.

I agree with your point of playing clubs twice before playing someone else. That shouldn't be happening. And ideally, midweek games should be better thought out that away teams shouldn't be trekking long distances when players work etc.

Edited by Yallop

Your entitled to your opinion neeb and amentitled to mine 

we will see how the season pans out but this is definately my last season as am scunnered with it ..... teams threatening to fold if they get put up a league.... changing leagues after the agm has never been heard off before at our level..... the sgm was so against the agm result it was farcical .. 

when teams with no ambition are starting to dictate the league decisions its time for me to get out 

as i say thats my opinion on football as i have always tried to be the best in what i do but everybody is different 

31 minutes ago, ya cant said:

Your entitled to your opinion neeb and amentitled to mine 

we will see how the season pans out but this is definately my last season as am scunnered with it ..... teams threatening to fold if they get put up a league.... changing leagues after the agm has never been heard off before at our level..... the sgm was so against the agm result it was farcical .. 

when teams with no ambition are starting to dictate the league decisions its time for me to get out 

as i say thats my opinion on football as i have always tried to be the best in what i do but everybody is different 

lol