Fife Football Forum

Football re starting????

Mariner

Absolutely no chance of restarting in April I’m hearing. Dates have been pencilled in for the easing of restrictions over the next few months. Even in the best case scenario (no further spike ) football is way down the list.

Absolutely the finest of examples as to why we should be playing right through the summer! For anyone who would want to vote and end this season to restart in August again is aff their heed! If we start  at the end of August as we usually do we will be 2 months down the line, restrictions in place with another lockdown looming and guess what, we will be in the exact same position in Feb 2022 as we are right now! 

if we are lucky enough to be in a position to be playing by the end of April / May, we must make a collective decision and get this season done one way or another and that way we can prepare for the disruption of more restrictions or another lockdown if it comes in the winter time! And if the senior game is not make similar plans, they will only suffer. Play games in the summer when they can get fans through the gate and earn some much needed cash or play through the winter behind closed doors with no revenue coming in because of travel restrictions, social distancing and a lockdown as the government can’t bail the SPL out for ever. 

Unfortunately this is going to be the new normal for the foreseeable! If I can see this then surely the men at the top on big money can see this. Time to get the heeds oot the sand and make forward thinking changes! 

1 hour ago, Jack&Victor said:

Absolutely the finest of examples as to why we should be playing right through the summer! For anyone who would want to vote and end this season to restart in August again is aff their heed! If we start  at the end of August as we usually do we will be 2 months down the line, restrictions in place with another lockdown looming and guess what, we will be in the exact same position in Feb 2022 as we are right now! 

if we are lucky enough to be in a position to be playing by the end of April / May, we must make a collective decision and get this season done one way or another and that way we can prepare for the disruption of more restrictions or another lockdown if it comes in the winter time! And if the senior game is not make similar plans, they will only suffer. Play games in the summer when they can get fans through the gate and earn some much needed cash or play through the winter behind closed doors with no revenue coming in because of travel restrictions, social distancing and a lockdown as the government can’t bail the SPL out for ever. 

Unfortunately this is going to be the new normal for the foreseeable! If I can see this then surely the men at the top on big money can see this. Time to get the heeds oot the sand and make forward thinking changes! 

Exactly what I said earlier. 

Looking at last year as the perfect example, we trained all summer with zero issues, even with contact when allowed and it was perfect. We then waited until bloody October to try start a season, just as winter was looming. Cannot make the same mistake again, use the better weather & safer environment, and get boys back out playing in the summer. 

Parks are closed in the summer .... from june till august 

safa wont change the rules .... teams have to have players signed by march 31st this season 20/21 to finish the season 

we wont even be back playing till at least august imo 

were being told not even to book a summer holiday .. what is it yous boys cant grasp 

end the season now and lets hope its all back by august /sept to start 21/22 season .. it makes sense 

18 minutes ago, ya cant said:

safa wont change the rules .... teams have to have players signed by march 31st this season 20/21 to finish the season 

were being told not even to book a summer holiday .. what is it yous boys cant grasp 

end the season now and lets hope its all back by august /sept to start 21/22 season .. it makes sense 

How does not being able to go on holiday to Spain get put in the same argument as me not being able to play a game of football at my local park? Literally different sides of the spectrum you’re comparing there. 

I am, like ive said many times, of the opinion that the season will not be finished, so we agree on that. But friendlies throughout late spring & summer is a more than reasonable option. And as for parks being closed, here’s an idea...open them. I think not having football regularly for 12 months is enough just cause for it to be considered. But what do I know, if I try be too positive about all this, I might get branded a bully. So I’ll just wait and see. 

31 minutes ago, ... said:

How does not being able to go on holiday to Spain get put in the same argument as me not being able to play a game of football at my local park? Literally different sides of the spectrum you’re comparing there. 

I am, like ive said many times, of the opinion that the season will not be finished, so we agree on that. But friendlies throughout late spring & summer is a more than reasonable option. And as for parks being closed, here’s an idea...open them. I think not having football regularly for 12 months is enough just cause for it to be considered. But what do I know, if I try be too positive about all this, I might get branded a bully. So I’ll just wait and see. 

Look mate am looking in to what govts are saying  no wee jock from the toly hill .... 

you actually think football will Be back

in april..... a heard peterhead manager call to end league 1 and 2 

but you actually think amateur football will be back 

10 minutes ago, ya cant said:

Look mate am looking in to what govts are saying  no wee jock from the toly hill .... 

you actually think football will Be back

in april..... a heard peterhead manager call to end league 1 and 2 

but you actually think amateur football will be back 

Ive never said I think it will be back in April. I said training is the only hope we possibly have of something in April. 

But thats 5/6 weeks away. I dont know, my best guess is friendlies in the summer, so June/July/August. 

13 minutes ago, Go Daddy said:

I said that football would be back before August, and its daft to not consider that. I said so because we all trained last summer with no vaccines in the population. 

By all means make up scenarios for things I may have done or said. Your obsession with me clearly knows no bounds. 

1 minute ago, Weshallnotbemoved said:

Yip 14 weeks ago he said soon, earlier in the week it was April and now June/July August, can you not just put him out his misery?

I do absolutely love you all date checking my comments from...months ago. 

I think training will be back soon, games across summer, I hope that helps clear it all up for you cheribs x

If its April, great, if its longer, then hey I guess what will be will be. As long as football is back with us all soon. Try to be positive about life one of these days chaps, it’ll do you the world of good. 

2 hours ago, ya cant said:

I am grasping every last detail pal. I read, take it in and then reply. I don’t just blab whatever rolls off ma tongue. A lot of what your saying in regards to no playing again soon is very true and I wouldn’t disagree with it. But surely if there has ever been a time for change, then let’s make this catastrophic pandemic have just one positive impact on change. 

Planning to start a new season in August with the intention of running a normal season will only have identical problems to the problems we are having now!! A normal seasons means playing in November, December, January and February, the  months that provide clinical temperatures for this virus to thrive in: This virus is here for keeps and I can tell you now, next winter will be the same as now. So is this not the perfect opportunity to implement summer football? 

From youth, amateur, juniors and semi pro, what benefits have we ever gained from a summer break? Not one!!  If anything it would have a massive impact on our game, more kids would be keen to play, supporters would be happier to bring their friends and family along to support their local team and we would all be playing on better surfaces which would ultimately help us become better players and coaches!! I just can’t believe it’s never happened before now! 

It would take no effort at all for goalposts to be left up!!! 

if we end the season now, we would be as well as accepting we will not be involved  with football till next spring. 

Playing football through the winter isn’t going to work and never will from now on. It’s not manageable with all the obstacles it brings! What is it you are not grasping?? 

Anyway, nae weans, away for beers to sit and fantasise about being back at the footie one day! Have a good weekend or the best weekend you can have!!