Fife Football Forum

Danny Fox?

ya cant

alot in the papers today that scotland are lookin to play danny fox in next months friendly against japan,its a no-goer from me am afraid,theres better left backs in the spl than this lad who was unknown till he signed for celtic,2 left backs off the top of ma head are lee wallace and paul dixon,absolute disgrace if he is picked ahead of these lads,the thing that gets me is the sfa are making it out to be some kind of coup!mothers and fathers are as far as i am concerned,dont want my country fallen into despair like eire. :whistling::whistling::rollsmile::rollsmile: its embarrassing.

Edited by ya cant

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alot in the papers today that scotland are lookin to play danny fox in next months friendly against japan,its a no-goer from me am afraid,theres better left backs in the spl than this lad who was unknown till he signed for celtic,2 left backs off the top of ma head are lee wallace and paul dixon,absolute disgrace if he is picked ahead of these lads,the thing that gets me is the sfa are making it out to be some kind of coup!mothers and fathers are as far as i am concerned,dont want my country fallen into despair like eire. :whistling::whistling::rollsmile::rollsmile: its embarrassing.

I have watched this guy twice this season on TV ya cant and his delivery has been top drawer in both games. Maybe it was a one off in these games but I thought he looked decent. I dont know the ins and outs of why he is available for scotland but he has looked the best left back I have seen play in Scotland for a long time.

I have watched this guy twice this season on TV ya cant and his delivery has been top drawer in both games. Maybe it was a one off in these games but I thought he looked decent. I dont know the ins and outs of why he is available for scotland but he has looked the best left back I have seen play in Scotland for a long time.

Only guys born in Scotland or who have Scottish parents. Thats it for me.

Couldnt care less if other countries adopt the rule. We arent very good, but at least we know we are Scottish and proud, not some two bit Englishman who cant get a game for England. <_<:cheers::cheers:

Couldnt care less if other countries adopt the rule. We arent very good, but at least we know we are Scottish and proud, not some two bit Englishman who cant get a game for England. <_<:cheers::cheers:

I dont disagree with you on that front mate but its a tough one if the rules are there then lets take what we can as left back is not an easy spot to fill.

its a friendly against japan and hearts lee wallace should be given a chance and also paul dixon of dundee utd has a great left foot on him,if this fox guy hadnt signed for celtic no cant would be giving a fack about him.its a disgrace if hes picked before these 2 young guys.

I dont disagree with you on that front mate but its a tough one if the rules are there then lets take what we can as left back is not an easy spot to fill.

At the end of the day if he wants to play for Scotland then i will support him 100% and i'll be there to see his debut in Japan :cheers:

Ita aw aboot opinions Pete,some of us Scots would rather see a St Andrews cross on every post, than a Union Jack :rollsmile::heartbeat:

If hes eligible play him.

think if you like right ,theres a st andrews cross on the union jack,

what does that mean ?? :rollsmile:

I wonder if he was wearing a blue top every saturday instead of the hoops if youd have the same opinion ???

alot in the papers today that scotland are lookin to play danny fox in next months friendly against japan,its a no-goer from me am afraid,theres better left backs in the spl than this lad who was unknown till he signed for celtic,2 left backs off the top of ma head are lee wallace and paul dixon,absolute disgrace if he is picked ahead of these lads,the thing that gets me is the sfa are making it out to be some kind of coup!mothers and fathers are as far as i am concerned,dont want my country fallen into despair like eire. :rollsmile::rollsmile::heartbeat::cheers: its embarrassing.

Couldnt care less if other countries adopt the rule. We arent very good, but at least we know we are Scottish and proud, not some two bit Englishman who cant get a game for England. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

At the end of the day if he wants to play for Scotland then i will support him 100% and i'll be there to see his debut in Japan :cheers:

bet he'd rather play for england if he could!!

hes no going to add anything we diny have already so i say tell him to get to fcuk.. this will just prove burley is a plonker if this goes thro!! the boys gash tae... whittaker had a decent game on saturday at left back... give him a go instead of this wanabee coventry reject who know one had ever heard of.

Ita aw aboot opinions Pete,some of us Scots would rather see a St Andrews cross on every post, than a Union Jack :rollsmile::cheers:

If hes eligible play him.

think if you like right ,theres a st andrews cross on the union jack,

what does that mean ?? :rollsmile:

I wonder if he was wearing a blue top every saturday instead of the hoops if youd have the same opinion ???

was waiting on this popping up,there was a rule to let nacho novo play for scotland a while back and i was totally against it so yer point is?born in scotland or scottish parent thats as far as it should go,

and rhiney ,think aboot what you say ,you dont want to see a union jack but you want an englishman to play for scotland :heartbeat::cheers:

alot in the papers today that scotland are lookin to play danny fox in next months friendly against japan,its a no-goer from me am afraid,theres better left backs in the spl than this lad who was unknown till he signed for celtic,2 left backs off the top of ma head are lee wallace and paul dixon,absolute disgrace if he is picked ahead of these lads,the thing that gets me is the sfa are making it out to be some kind of coup!mothers and fathers are as far as i am concerned,dont want my country fallen into despair like eire. :rollsmile::rollsmile::heartbeat::cheers: its embarrassing.

Couldnt care less if other countries adopt the rule. We arent very good, but at least we know we are Scottish and proud, not some two bit Englishman who cant get a game for England. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

hes no going to add anything we diny have already so i say tell him to get to fcuk.. this will just prove burley is a plonker if this goes thro!! the boys gash tae... whittaker had a decent game on saturday at left back... give him a go instead of this wanabee coventry reject who know one had ever heard of.

thts exactly y he he wants to play wi scotland, coz hes nowhere near gid enuff to play wi england, im with ya cant wallace and dixon for me, evem whittaker who can play there. least there actually scottish

Guest idlewhistle
[quote name='RKid' post='221648' date='Sep 8 2009, 18:12'][quote name='jterry' post='221603' date='Sep 8 2009, 10:24'][quote name='albert lochgelly' post='221583' date='Sep 8 2009, 00:40'][quote name='coo' post='221578' date='Sep 7 2009, 23:27'][quote name='ya cant' post='221576' date='Sep 7 2009, 23:23'][quote name='coo' post='221575' date='Sep 7 2009, 23:22'][quote name='ya cant' post='221569' date='Sep 7 2009, 22:28']alot in the papers today that scotland are lookin to play danny fox in next months friendly against japan,its a no-goer from me am afraid,theres better left backs in the spl than this lad who was unknown till he signed for celtic,2 left backs off the top of ma head are lee wallace and paul dixon,absolute disgrace if he is picked ahead of these lads,the thing that gets me is the sfa are making it out to be some kind of coup!mothers and fathers are as far as i am concerned,dont want my country fallen into despair like eire. :rolleyes: :angry2: :cheers: :angry: its embarrassing.[/quote]

[/quote]

Couldnt care less if other countries adopt the rule. We arent very good, but at least we know we are Scottish and proud, not some two bit Englishman who cant get a game for England. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

thts exactly y he he wants to play wi scotland, coz hes nowhere near gid enuff to play wi england, im with ya cant wallace and dixon for me, evem whittaker who can play there. least there actually scottish
[/quote]
how far does it go to having to be born in scotland or scottish parents
we are quite happy to let englishmen run the team

"Only guys born in Scotland or who have Scottish parents. Thats it for me."

So your rules would have excluded Richard Gough born in Stockholm to a Swedish mum and grew up in South Africa and his only connection with this country until he came to Dundee United as a teenager was his Scottish father.

:rolleyes::angry2: