Fife Football Forum

Danny Fox?

ya cant

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alot in the papers today that scotland are lookin to play danny fox in next months friendly against japan,its a no-goer from me am afraid,theres better left backs in the spl than this lad who was unknown till he signed for celtic,2 left backs off the top of ma head are lee wallace and paul dixon,absolute disgrace if he is picked ahead of these lads,the thing that gets me is the sfa are making it out to be some kind of coup!mothers and fathers are as far as i am concerned,dont want my country fallen into despair like eire. :beer2::beer2::banghead::banghead: its embarrassing.

I have watched this guy twice this season on TV ya cant and his delivery has been top drawer in both games. Maybe it was a one off in these games but I thought he looked decent. I dont know the ins and outs of why he is available for scotland but he has looked the best left back I have seen play in Scotland for a long time.

Thats the problem when you live abroad mate. You only get to see certain players in Champs League etc.

Watch the Celtic United game this weekend and then make your mind up.

Fox is a decent but average full back IMO. If you are excited watching him then wait until you see Paul Dixon getting to the line and whipping in crosses.

He is definitely one for the future although maybe a wee bit early yet but I do believe that its only a matter of time before him and Scott Robertson are regularly in national squads.

thats what I was saying I only seen him in a couple of matches and they may well have been one of matches and I was impressed with his delivery then. I look forward to seeing Dixon then for sure as I have not caught United yet online.

I also did not know the ins and outs of Foxes status and I agree on the parent'S and born scenario of Scotland but with our limited options sometimes we have to swallow the pill and take what we can

Canny even believe this is being spoken about!!!! Nay C>nt had even heard of this boy when he was at Coventry and now he's Scotlands next left back!!!!!

P!SH he's played what?? 5-6 games for Celtic and he's the best left back in Scotland :worried::worried::banghead:

a ken nonsense eh!

thats been a problem wi the national squad for years, boys like dixon, robertson and wallace prob wont get a look in....................until they sign for rangers or celtic !!

Fecking outragous ! :worried::worried:

Competing for a Scotland Jersey with an Englishman is ridiculous. It is with international experience that our young players will develop to be even better.

Worst case scenario, you pick them and they lose, no real change there apart from they have 10 years ahead of them to learn from their experience. Theres so much pressure on the international manager to succeed that he seems scared to entertain the idea of picking the potential

The only reason ya cant has even brought this subject up is because of the team Danny Fox plays for. Everyone on here knows that. How many non Scots have played for Scotland Pete? If he is a regular in the Celtic team at left back then he has to be considered for Scotland. We don't exactly have an abundance of good players in that position. I've been impressed by the boy Dixon at Dundee Utd but Danny Grainger played in front of him at times last season. Do you all want him in the Scotland squad too? Nobody is saying Fox is going to be an automatic pick but if he plays a game for Scotland does that not mean he is committed for life? BTW Danny Fox also played for England under 21s a couple of years ago. If eligible how many left backs in the SPL would get into that team? :whistling:

I agree that eligibility should stop with parents, but as a father of two football daft ENGLISH born boys, i'd hope, should they ever be good enough, they would be embraced by Scotland as their own. My boys are both proud to be half scots, they wear scotland tops, watch scotland games and sit quietly watching when flower of scotland is on (at 7 and 2, the words aren't sinking in yet !), i however don't believe elegibility should be stretched as far as Fox, that is diluting patriotism one step too far.

I agree that eligibility should stop with parents, but as a father of two football daft ENGLISH born boys, i'd hope, should they ever be good enough, they would be embraced by Scotland as their own. My boys are both proud to be half scots, they wear scotland tops, watch scotland games and sit quietly watching when flower of scotland is on (at 7 and 2, the words aren't sinking in yet !), i however don't believe elegibility should be stretched as far as Fox, that is diluting patriotism one step too far.

Of course that would have nothing to do with who he plays for eh? :whistling::rollsmile::rollsmile::rolleyes:

Of course that would have nothing to do with who he plays for eh? :rollsmile::rollsmile::rollsmile::ok:

predictable janice

Of course that would have nothing to do with who he plays for eh? :rollsmile::rollsmile::worried::rollsmile:

predictable janice

Couldn't agree more fat boy. The whole thread is very predictable. :rollsmile::rollsmile::rollsmile::rollsmile:

nothing to do with who he plays for, good player in my opinion, just don't want to water down what Scotland means to me and our country by going down the route of your chosen country (Ireland) and handing out caps to anyone who once had a weeks holiday in a caravan outside Dublin !!!!

lets face it guys, whether we like it or no he is eligiable for scotland, and so far looks like he would be our best left back, we struggle big time in that position.

that was my point at the start of the thread. I am as Scottish as the last person but reality bites and if he is picked then we have no option but to get behind the guy. I still hold judgement that he is a decent player and looks confident and decent on the ball.

I would prefer 100% to have only blooded scots in the team.

Nations like Portugal and Spain to name but a few have benn naturalising players for years. I personally have no problem with it as long as they are good enough. Look at folk like Deco n Marcos Senna. Wouldnt mind a player pulling in the jersey if they had the ability. I think Lee Wallace has to get a look in soon. Plenty of youth caps m better than fox imo. Steven Whittaker also better.

its a friendly against japan and hearts lee wallace should be given a chance and also paul dixon of dundee utd has a great left foot on him,if this fox guy hadnt signed for celtic no cant would be giving a fack about him.its a disgrace if hes picked before these 2 young guys.

HE MUST BE BETER THAN WALLACE OR THIS DIXON FELLA!! CELTIC SIGNED HIM FOR A REASON!! CAUZ HES BETER THAN THESE TWO CANTS!!

its a friendly against japan and hearts lee wallace should be given a chance and also paul dixon of dundee utd has a great left foot on him,if this fox guy hadnt signed for celtic no cant would be giving a fack about him.its a disgrace if hes picked before these 2 young guys.

HE MUST BE BETER THAN WALLACE OR THIS DIXON FELLA!! CELTIC SIGNED HIM FOR A REASON!! CAUZ HES BETER THAN THESE TWO CANTS!!

fox has played 6 games for celtic and hes a world beater,a seen him against tel aviv and he got the pish taken oot of him by an unknown.if we go down the line of signing guys cause of there grannies and di's yer as well as just packing the the scotland team in,he was playing wae coventry and nae cant had heard of him ffs.

fox has played 6 games for celtic and hes a world beater,a seen him against tel aviv and he got the pish taken oot of him by an unknown.if we go down the line of signing guys cause of there grannies and di's yer as well as just packing the the scotland team in,he was playing wae coventry and nae cant had heard of him ffs.

some folk must have heard of him or he wouldnt be at celtic. its no like the ylum gon around signing any daft cant just fir the sake eh signin folk.. thers actually a reason about him signing.. world class scouts must see some thing in him :rollsmile:

some folk must have heard of him or he wouldnt be at celtic. its no like the ylum gon around signing any daft cant just fir the sake eh signin folk.. thers actually a reason about him signing.. world class scouts must see some thing in him :rollsmile:

ffs horny world class scouts who signed ...........du wei,caldwell,fortune,mcourt,gravesen,naylor, killen,and many more .....................................world class right enough :rollsmile::rollsmile::rollsmile::rolleyes: anyway stick to the topic the guy shouldnt get near a scotland top as if he aint good enough for england he aint good enough for my country.