Fife Football Forum

Burley To Stay?

ya cant

The last game and a half he's got the performances that have been missing. He's admitted he's made mistakes and hopefully he's learned from them.

IF he's given another chance then it should be on the basis that McGregor and Boyd come back into the set up

Why????? If they players want to come back it should be up to them to go with a grovelling apology to the SFA and the manager and take it from there. Scotland certainly shouldn't be begging them to come back. McGregor is nowhere near as good as Gordon anyway.

I'd rather have McShagger on the bench than Jamie Langfield. And as for Boyd mate it's a no brainer. The boy scores goals. Scotland scored only 6 goals in the qualifiers.

It should be a clean slate for every player except Barry Ferguson. He's just a wee beauty :whistling:

Of course Boyd should be in the squad but he was the one who spat the dummy (even if he was perhaps right) cos he was left out of the team. I would be happy to see him back but it's down to him to apologise to Burley not the other way round.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like fergie was right,THE SFA ARE A JOKE?get burley to fack min.blaming bad influences for his failures to get scotland to the play offs :whistling::whistling:

1.how was mcfadden left on the bench for 2 games,was he a bad influence?

2.iwelumo and steven fletcher before kris boyd when you need a goal against norway.

3.Nice PR job George, shame you cant manage a football team as well as you spin.

Shocking decision to keep him on board. It wasn't even glorious failure this time.

I give up.

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

I am happy that the SFA have decided to keep Burley. He has won support from a large section of the TA after the last 2 games and I for one could not think of anyone worth replacing him with at this time.

I enjoy his attacking style which is in complete contrast to the last couple of managers, but yes I do accept that they had greater results. That said though, did we qualify? :banghead: I think Oslo would have been a different game if it had not been for the red card incident and the opening game against Macedonia he got it all wrong, but other than that I think he has done a decent job and I am sure he has learned along the way.

Alba Gu Bragh :headbang:

I dont think he has won the support of anybody, I spent over £1000 going to Macedonia, Holland and Norway and saw three of the worst, weakest, pathetic performances i have ever seen from a Scotland team.

He should have been sacked along with Pressley and Butcher. SFA are a joke.

I dont think he has won the support of anybody, I spent over £1000 going to Macedonia, Holland and Norway and saw three of the worst, weakest, pathetic performances i have ever seen from a Scotland team.

He should have been sacked along with Pressley and Butcher. SFA are a joke.

You did well to do the 3 for £1000!!

With regards to the 3 games you mention, I agree the Macedonia game was terrible, but in Holland I do not think we expected a win although I was still peed off, but I am not sure Burley could have done any differently!! With regards to Norway, I thought we were playing well up until the red card.

On the TAMB the latest poll saw 60% of the TA backing him staying.

I don't see any outstanding candidates to replace him but do feel he's somewhat a dead man walking in the sense that one bad result and its all going to blow up again. I think consistency in terms of who's managing is a positive though and hope he can raise his level for the next qualifers now he knows what its all about.

I notice about a comment about the red card changing a game in Norway - is that not part of the game and did he not deserve to walk - the answer to both is yes and therefore you cannot think about things "if it had n ot happened as it did!!" - the last 2 games also that everyone is speaking about in terms of how much better they were - watch the Mac game again as we were awful especially in the first half and there was not much quality in the 2nd half although Scotland did what they are best at and battling a win out.

In the 2nd game v Holland, they wanted to go through with a 100% record, however did it really matter to them if they did not and if you watch the players in the game, they were lucky if they were playing at 50% - the team battled but as someone said earlier, to bring on Commons was a cracker as the lad is just nowhere near good enough if Flethcher was good enough for the Saturday, why was he not brought on earlier to try and grab a goal? - if he was injured, why was he on the bench!!!

As for Kris Boyd, I can understand his frustrations, however none of us know what was said between them after he raised his concerns to him about not getting a chance - GBs reason s were that he was not playing for his club, now there is a cracking reason when he has played enough of these players in the same position since!! Boyd is not one to back down and maybe regrets in slightly, however he scores goals end of story and not to throw him on speaks volumes.

As for BF and AM, it may have been raised previously, however where were the others that were involved and what was thrown at them? Maybe it was just a case of picking out the 2 that stayed later than anyone else or those that were in the worst state, who knows, however it is CLAIMED that some of the management team were not much better in terms of "under the influence" though I could not confirm that either way.

As for AM not being in the same class as CG, well that is a metter of opinion and that's what it is all about, I would say that there is not a lot between them, though I know where I would rather look if CG was not fit and as for Marshall, one swallow does not make a summer, the records speak for themselves and don't need me to quote them.......let's face it, he had minimal experience at the top level before he came in, won hee haw and has proven how motivational and inspirational he is as a manager - see Callum Davidson/Alexander/Commons/Caldwells brother to name just a couple- the time is nigh and as Wullie said earlier, it will be down to the contract he has left as it will cost them..

I notice about a comment about the red card changing a game in Norway - is that not part of the game and did he not deserve to walk - the answer to both is yes and therefore you cannot think about things "if it had n ot happened as it did!!" - the last 2 games also that everyone is speaking about in terms of how much better they were - watch the Mac game again as we were awful especially in the first half and there was not much quality in the 2nd half although Scotland did what they are best at and battling a win out.

In the 2nd game v Holland, they wanted to go through with a 100% record, however did it really matter to them if they did not and if you watch the players in the game, they were lucky if they were playing at 50% - the team battled but as someone said earlier, to bring on Commons was a cracker as the lad is just nowhere near good enough if Flethcher was good enough for the Saturday, why was he not brought on earlier to try and grab a goal? - if he was injured, why was he on the bench!!!

As for Kris Boyd, I can understand his frustrations, however none of us know what was said between them after he raised his concerns to him about not getting a chance - GBs reason s were that he was not playing for his club, now there is a cracking reason when he has played enough of these players in the same position since!! Boyd is not one to back down and maybe regrets in slightly, however he scores goals end of story and not to throw him on speaks volumes.

As for BF and AM, it may have been raised previously, however where were the others that were involved and what was thrown at them? Maybe it was just a case of picking out the 2 that stayed later than anyone else or those that were in the worst state, who knows, however it is CLAIMED that some of the management team were not much better in terms of "under the influence" though I could not confirm that either way.

As for AM not being in the same class as CG, well that is a metter of opinion and that's what it is all about, I would say that there is not a lot between them, though I know where I would rather look if CG was not fit and as for Marshall, one swallow does not make a summer, the records speak for themselves and don't need me to quote them.......let's face it, he had minimal experience at the top level before he came in, won hee haw and has proven how motivational and inspirational he is as a manager - see Callum Davidson/Alexander/Commons/Caldwells brother to name just a couple- the time is nigh and as Wullie said earlier, it will be down to the contract he has left as it will cost them..

You are not a Rangers fans by any chance mate??? :rollsmile::rollsmile::rolleyes:

You are not a Rangers fans by any chance mate??? :rollsmile::rollsmile::rollsmile:

Third Lanark!!!! It maybe came over a little that way did it?! To be honest BF and AM were completely out of order when sitting on the bench with the press, however any strong manager would have ensured that it never got to that and sent them home if it was that bad rather than putting them on the bench? - there is a point, maybe GB set them up for that fall!!!!